Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by kaemom: Enchantment of the Seas

Enchantment of the Seas

Sail Date: August 2012
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Baltimore

Although Enchantment is an older ship, there was still plenty of what makes cruising fun to go around. The embarkation and debarkation process in Baltimore couldn't have been any easier. It was easy and fast both ways. We were impressed. It was nice that the ship had three pools and 6 hot tubs. However, the posted rules were not enforced. One pool was supposed to be adults only and the hot tubs were all supposed to be 16 and over unless with a parent. We had kids in all of the pools at certain times and definitely using the hot tubs without parents. I like kids. I make a living teaching them but when I go on vacation, it's to get away from them! There were a lot of kids on the ship. Also, there were plenty of deck chairs! That was nice. Although there were several postings about not reserving chairs, it didn't seem to be an issue on the main deck. There was always somewhere to sit.

The food was fabulous! Of the 3 other cruiselines we've been on, the food on Royal Caribbean was More one of the best. The casual dining room, the Windjammer, had something for everyone. You would have to be extremely picky not to find something you liked each night. It was somewhat disppointing that you would need to pay extra for fresh squeezed OJ in the morning. The other two juices, OJ and apple were from a mix, not real juice. I know that Holland has several juices to choose from. The coffee was brewed and tasted great! There were also a variety of breakfast selections.

The activities were standard: dancing, game shows, trivia games, contests, etc. There were some issues with computers during different games that never seemed to get resolved but they improvised for those.

The lounges were nice but due (I assume) to the remodeling of the ship, you had to walk through some lounges to get to others. The problem was when one show ended, you ended up walking through a show in progress to leave. It felt kind of rude. (ie: leaving the Spotlight lounge meant going through the Schooner Lounge)

Getting off at the ports seemed smooth as well.

We had one of the smaller cabins in the older part of the ship. It was adequate for us. There was plenty of storage room. The TV slid out and swiveled for in bed viewing. Beds were turned down and made up daily but not much else was done in the way of cleaning. The mini bar stuff took up lots of desk space and they would not remove it. They also check in (someone else, not your cabin steward) to see if you use any of it, which I told them we wouldn't be using it. There is no refrigerator in the room but an ice bucket was provided upon request and kept full for our medicine. However, I should mention that we were close to the bow and it was very noisy during docking times. It didn't bother me but it might bother some.

Having never cruised where tipping was not added onto your bill, this was a little different. Be sure to carry small bills with you.

All in all, we would most likely cruise RCCL again. Although I can say that about Carnival and Holland America as well. Less

Read more Enchantment of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Enchantment of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Enchantment of the Seas Interior Stateroom Deck 2

2009 It was nice to be at the end of the hall but very noisy during times that the ship docked. It didn't bother me but would definitely annoy a late sleeper. The plus was that we didn't hear a lot of people in the hallway.

Boston was my favorite of the cruise. It was a bustling city but very easy to walk around to get to things. The history there is great as well as the shopping. We found cute souvenirs for a reasonable price. We did not book an excursion but walked to Quincy Hall. There was a vistor's center that offered free 30 minute walk and talk sessions. The guide was very enthusiastic and since they are with the National Park service, they don't accept tips. You can make a donation if you want. Other shipmates said we should have eated lobster rolls and onion straws at Legal Seafood. Regretfully, we didn't do that.
Read 222 Boston Reviews

We found Bermuda a little underwhelming. It just didn't seem to live up to the hype always surrounding it. It was nice with a very nice beach. The local people were friendly. We went to Horseshoe Bay. It was pretty. The sand has a pinkish tinge, just so you know. It was pretty but very hot and humid. Maybe I would have liked it more if I had went in a different month. If you go, you should get a bus pass. It is good for two days and allows you unlimited trips on the bus and the ferry. I think it was $12. They take US dollars.

We did the Cliff Walk. It was quite a walk. You should wear sneakers or hiking boots. Parts of it are ROUGH!! But we managed to finish it. You can see mansions from the walk but many have high shrubbery to prevent you from seeing them (understandable, I guess). The beaches were not pretty. The one at the end of the Cliff Walk was segregated, one side for the mansion dwellers and the other, smaller side for the public. That was strange to me. There was a lot of history in Newport as well. Doris Duke's mansion as well as other summer homes of famous, wealthy people. We are not really into that so we didn't do an interior tour. They have many specialty shops and high end stores. Souveniers were pricy and we did not get any there.
Read 124 Newport Reviews