Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by toyota73: Fine Cruise with some complaints

Compare Prices on Carnival Conquest Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Fine Cruise with some complaints

Sail Date: August 2012
Embarkation: New Orleans

Comments regarding my recent cruise. Cruise generally was fine.

Carnival: Stop taking pictures of passengers on the ramp while people are getting off the ship; very annoying.

Cruise was during Olympics. Would have been nice to have more than one channel for it; it was nice they showed it on the big outdoor screen at night.

I wish cruise ships in general would have one pool for swimming only. Problem is pools are too shallow and there are too may people that aren't interested in exercise as opposed to standing in a pool and drinking. How about a lap pool or wave pool for swimming only.

Stop the alleged music which in reality was simply noise in the Renoir Restaurant upper level.

Keep the latin band in the music room as opposed to the open area. They are just too damn good to be stuck off the casino.

Cabin Steward John Paul was great. Free drink coupons were provided to us for one drink each but were difficult to use since they More could only be used at breakfast or lunch.

Cruise was fine but dancers were really scantily clad and needed much more training technique and timing. All the female dancers were off. Great with high kicks and that's about it. Male dancers 3 were better. Been on a lot of cruises and this is first with dancers that I have been critical of. Singers were fine but last show was mish mash mess. Tie in songs were just stupid. Interesting that Carnival band is really half a band with no brass. Soon music in shows will be all electronic too bad. Im not happy with level of entertainment on his ship. Comedians 3 out of 4 were good except for Percys comment about saying he was reverting to being white which he meant cowering. Hes a fine comedian; I just don't like double standard when blacks get get away with saying things another race would say and there would be outrage. One statement from him soured me on him for a little while. I can see he generally is very talented. Comedian shows should be 45 minutes as opposed to just over 30. If shows are so short Carnival should just make them one one hour show.
Mothers Restaurant first night in New Orleans good sandwiches

Ronsetta Hotel Irvins Playhouse Jazz first and last night in New Orleans. Great.

WalkOns Sports Bar for lunch after cruise a few blocks from Drury and Drury gave us free drink coupons. Very good food. A lot of sports tv monitors.

St. Augustines Jazz mass Sunday at 10 am before our cruise left. Long walk from Drury Hotel but mass was very memorable,

Drury Hotel night before and night after. Great. They even let us check out way late on last day of our vacation; our flight wasn't until 5 pm; drinks may have been watered down. Didn't try their beer. Breakfast was great

Ripoff standard taxi rates from Drury to cruise port for family of four

After checking into hotel and having lunch we walked river walk after tram ride. Had pastries at Cafe Dumond and had hot beignets. Grilled Oysters at Deannies at night. Wife and son tried to pick up more grilled oysters from Acme on our last day but they don't permit to go orders so they split an order and brought my younger son and me back pough boys.

Very impressed by how friendly the people of New Orleans were.

Used Bahamas snorkeling which I could have booked for 35 each. They still owe me 40 difference for party of 4. Do not use Bestontravelnetwork to book your tour excursions. Its better and cheaper to book after you get off ship. Less

Read more Carnival Conquest cruise reviews >>