Disney Dream Cruise Review by Amy-Northcarolina: Better then I ever imagined

Better then I ever imagined

Sail Date: August 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Other

I have never cruised before. I always wanted to take a cruise and knew money wise it would be a one shot deal. I chose Disney because it was my daughters 16th birthday and was not interested in the whole party scene advertised on most of the other ships.

Getting on the ship was a breeze no long lines. We entered the great room our name was announced. We then were told about the buffets on the many different floors. Crab legs, Shrimp, steak, all kinds of other foods as well but the food through out the entire cruise was out of this world. I had creme brulee, escargot, and all different kinds of foods I would have never been able to try before. The service was tops through out the entire cruise. The wait staff stayed with us the entire cruise and my table mates must have been hand selected by Disney. Can you imagine 3 single women with each one one of us having a teenage child got pared for diner mates it was a perfect match. The theater shows and movies entertaining and smiles More from all the staff all the time. The boat was immaculately clean they were cleaning the boat 24 hours a day all 5 days of my cruise.

Disney private island Castaway Cay was the cleanest whitest sand and the water crystal blue. The food on Castway cay was fresh and oh the grilled lobster tail was to die for. With out a doubt this was one of my most fabulous vacations ever would do it all over again in a minute. Less

Read more Disney Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Disney Dream Standard Inside Stateroom Deck 2 2535

This was a handicap room. Although neither one of us was handicap. It was very large we had plenty of room the bathroom was huge. I loved the magic portal. We booked a year in advance and felt very fortunate to get such a large room for the category C price. Our room was bigger then most of the higher priced rooms.

Beautiful white sand plenty of chairs throughout the entire time one day we got there early because we were told it was hard to snag a chair but we had no problem. The second time the boat stopped there we were late getting off there were plenty of chairs that day as well. Activities all over the island the water was crystal blue with fish swimming right up to you. The food served on the island was fresh and had a big variety. Fresh mango's and all kinds of fruit and grilled items as well as plenty of deserts.

Not as cool as Disney's Castaway Cay. Was really overwhelmed by the large group at the port. I did a little shopping buy returned to the boat. Did not visit the beach here.
Read 2662 Nassau Reviews