Star Princess Cruise Review by db0917: Star Princess is a Star

Star Princess is a Star

Sail Date: August 2012
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

I do not think I can come up with one bad thing to say about the cruise. The weather could have been a littl better, but come on its Alaska! Everyoen we came in contact with wa more than pleasant.

All the food I ate was delicious. Every meal. The buffet servers were one of the nicest I have ever experienced on board any ship. Very happy, helpful and good. The dining room waiter, Richard, was suberb. He was so helpful and remembered my sons particular taste on things.

The cruise director was good, nice, funny. His staff was really good, energetic.We mainly did the trivias all week but saw a couple other things as well. The kids enjoyed the camps all week, never wanting to leave. We did have one older one with us that was separated form the younger kids, but in the kast day they le thim hang out in the yuger kids room. He was so happy for this. He also did the Jr. Chef at Sea program and enjoyed it. We spent a lot of time as well by the pools relaixng and in More the casino. Less

Read more Star Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Star Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Star Princess E103

We were on the emerald deck and at the beginning of the hallway(E1030 so we had some noise(music) coming form the crew only area. The hallways are noisy, you can hear everyone talking and walking. The size was fine for me. It was small, but its a cruise and we did not spend much time in there.

Ziplining

(5)
Ziplining was one of the greatest experiences I have had. It was so exhilarating. This is something you must do even if you are a little nervous about it. When you get on the bus to go over, they scare you a little with the rules and stuff, but it quickly goes away. Our guides made us feel so comfortable and were fun to be with. We cracked jokes the whole time. Definitely recommend this excursion. Tell Ted and I said hi.

We decided at this port just to walk town and shop. Went to Creek Street and had some beer at Fish Pirates. Ketichan has lots of Totem poles and so we actually took the bus($2.00 round trip for adults, kids under 12 are free) up to the Totem State Park. It was beautiful there. We got a park brochure which explained about the different poles and it felt like we were the only ones there so it was nice. Definitely worth it. Beautiful views of the water.

White Pass Scenic Railway

(5)
Beautiful scenery for pictures enthusiasts. Some people were saying the walk form port to town was far, but I enjoyed it. After the train ride we walked into through town to get some food and drinks. We headed over the Red Onion, but unfortunately so did everyone else. It was packed and did not feel like waiting. So we headed down the street to Skagway Brewing. Definitely a good choice. Since we had such a large group(23) they set us up outside on the back area and it was great. The kids could run around and release all that energy from being on the train ride. If you are in for trying their beers, go for the Spruce Tip Blonde, if I could get it shipped to me I would. after that we did a little more walking around town and some shopping before heading back to the boat.

We were suppose to take the kids on their excursion here, the Pirate ship, but something happened to the boat and it ended up being cancelled. Big bummer as the kids were so excited for it. We ported here on a Sunday night so there was little to do. We took a taxi into town and the driver told us the Victoria is Canada's Miami. Definitely looked like it with all the nice card driving around. Took a walk through town and by the harbor the headed back to the boat.
Read 558 Victoria Reviews