Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by vhtb

10-12 2.0
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Tweens and family fun
My husband and two girls, 10 and 12 returned from the Mexican Riviera. First overall- I was hesitant since I had only been on Royal Caribbean and wasn't sure I would like the Fun Ship with all of the booze drinking, BUT, that was so far from our experience. All of the staff was fabulous, helpful and excellent!

The food in the buffet was great, lots to choose from, we went overboard and tried to get all aspects of the buffet and realized we had already eaten almost everything, but then we went into the dining option which was great. The dining room for dinner was delicious every evening, the wait staff was outstanding. I am a chocoholic and when I read about the chocolate melting cake and thought ohh, I got to try it and am so glad I did. They had good desserts to choose from, but that melting cake was delicious, decadent and unforgettable and had it every night!!!

The entertainment was good, we were happy to find out that there was a comedy club and it had two family shows a night, we loved it, all of us had a great time.

Camp Carnival was full of great engaging activities, the Circle C was not as engaging. They did a few activities with the older group of 15-17 year olds, so that was intimidating for my shy girl. It was also somewhat unsupervised, the director was physically there, but when I would ask questions, her response was, I don't walk them from one activity to the next, I am here and they just show up, they come and go as they please. This program really needed group activities and getting to know each other activities. My girl only went to two activities and couldn't wait to get out of them. There were a lot of other family friendly activites so we had other things to do. Overall, my girls loved the cruise and want to go again!

Publication Date: 08/15/12