Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by nannyny: A fun experience for my grandchildren

nannyny
Member Since 2002
1,740 Posts

Family & Children 3.7

Compare Prices on Carnival Sensation Bahamas Cruises

A fun experience for my grandchildren

Sail Date: August 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

We celebrated our daughter's birthday on the Carnival Sensation. It was the first cruise for 2 of our older grandchildren. I was very concerned on how they would fare at sea, they did wonderfully! Now the daughter needed the Scop patch right away (as do I). We had 2 mid-ship oceanview cabins on the Empress deck (also the embarkation and debarkation deck.) The beds were really comfy.
A Murphy bed extends from the wall, very comfortable for my 5'4 boy.

The ship is quite purple, lots of it everywhere! I found it difficult to navigate this ship, as small as I thought she was. The layout is terrible.
Trying to find Camp Carnival conf. room for 11-12 yr old was an incredible challenge. Speaking of Camp Carnival, both of 2 female grandchildren enjoyed their time there. They had great activities. My grandson would have had a better time if he had a friend with him. The counselors were great.

Food was relatively good. I enjoyed our dinners and the kids loved watching More the waiters dance. We had any time dining and will do it again. Breakfast was sub-par, unless you ordered an omelette. We also had lunch at the dining room and it was lovely. The waiters and the staff work very hard.

The best part of this ship is the water park - the waterslides were the hit of the cruise. The kids had a terrific time (and some adults as well). Pools are way too small for so many folk. We did use the Adult Only Serenity area, we did enjoy our time there.

The shows - my grandchildren enjoyed them. Ash and Eric, the 2 hip-hop dancers, were the stars on board. We also enjoyed the comedians, both were good.

We took the #10 Jitney to the Sheraton but the skies turned black and thunderous. Decided not so spend the $$ and headed back. Had a wonderful experience on the #10 on the return, another highlight of our trip. The children shopped at the Straw Market, taught them how to haggle a little - they did a splendid job. Grabbed a few cold drinks and headed back on board. I was most grateful that we were docked overnight.

The kids really enjoyed the pizza and ice cream (which is really ice milk)and ordering room service one night.

We used the self-assist disembarkation and were off the ship in no time. Looking forward to a larger vessel next year. Glad we had wonderful weather.
The Sensation is an oldy but still has lots of charm. Less

Read more Carnival Sensation cruise reviews >>