MSC Splendida Cruise Review by splendid splendida 123

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > MSC Splendida Cruise Review by splendid splendida 123
MSC Splendida
MSC Splendida
Member Name: splendid splendida 123
Cruise Date: July 2012
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: 10
See More About: MSC Splendida Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: MSC Splendida Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Splendida Deck Plans
Slendida gave us a splendid holiday!!
Msc Splendida gave our family a fantastic holiday!I went with my mam and dad and sister (we are 13 and 16). Everyone in our family enjoyed the holiday. We embarked from Barcelona and found this was very easy to do. Once we were on the ship we were greeted by welcoming and friendly staff members. We were shown to our cabin by a very friendly staff member who chatted to us on the way. The cabin was very clean and equipped with everything we needed along with very comfortable beds of course.

Before we went on the cruise I read a lot of bad comments about the food...what were they talking about!!?? The food we had in the restaurant was truly scrumptious!! We were assigned to the restaurant 'La Reggia' and we had a very nice waiter. There was a different menu every night with a wide selection of food. People were also going on about small portions in the reviews...I didn't think they were small. It was a seven course menu and I was really full after four dishes. You are given a set time to arrive at your restaurant so its better if you arrive on time. I would definitely recommend you try both the restaurant and the buffet for lunch but stick to the restaurant for dinner. The buffet had a HUGE variety of food and they had daily specials...I ate in it every day and I'd say I didnt even get to try half of the food there. Everything I did try however was lovely!

The most surprising thing was the entertainment...I thought it would be good but not AMAZING! Not only were there dancers and singers, but acrobats, magicians and much more! The shows were different every night and the performers had such talent that couldnt be seen on any tv programme. The theatre was wonderful in itself.I definitely recommend you go see the shows. There is also other entertainment at night such as bands and singers. During the day they have different activities you can take part in. They also have dance lessons at night and our family learnt the 'cha cha cha'.

The pools are very nice and always kept clean. On the day travelling from Barcelona to Tunis they are quite packed so try to get a seat at the back pool. There is a kiddies club during the day and a kiddies disco at night. There is also a games room and a 4d cinema which was fun. They also have themed discos at night for 14-17 year olds.

The ports our family got off at were Malta, Messina and Genoa. In all these places we toured by ourselves and we were very impressed with the touristy areas. However, the ship also stopped at Tunis and Civitavechia (which is the stop for Rome). I dont know if the ships excursions are any good but I think in the countries we visited it was fun to tour on your own.

That's pretty much everything I can think of. I would recommend you try the smoothies...my favourite is the Honey Bee. Some people were also saying there is a constant smell of smoke. I didnt find this to be true and there are non smoking areas. They also have a mini football table, table tennis, squash courts, tennis courts, a small football pitch and a basketball net. You can borrow all the equipment on deck 16 (it doesnt say this anywhere on the ship).

I dont need to wish you a good holiday because I know you will have one on this cruise!

Publication Date: 08/15/12