Become a Cruise Insider
Tips, deals and more in your inbox.

Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by Tigerlily70: Norwegian Pearl

Norwegian Pearl 5
Tigerlily70
Member Since 2012

Norwegian Pearl

Sail Date: August 2012
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

I am not a person that would usually take a cruise with a big cruise line. I was invited on this and decided to go for a variety of reason. I had a FABULOUS time. I was amazed at the friendliness of the people on board and was very IMPRESSED with the crew. We had a server at dinner one night to whom we told our names. A few days later I saw her and she asked, by name, the whereabouts of my travelling companion. This was a rather typical happening. I couldn't imagine better service. My companion had sailed on another Norwegian cruise and said it was not nearly as friendly or fun at this. The shows were great too.

I do think the food is very mediocre. There is no reason to have bad salmon when sailing in Alaskan waters. I am from Seattle so I know good salmon. Most of the foods were rather tasteless or overcooked. Now, this was in the open dining rooms. I don't know about the specialty dining rooms. None the less, the food definitely was my least pleasurable part More of the cruise. I did like the free style cruising. We could eat any time any place. I would have like breakfast available all day. Breakfast roomservice was limited. Would have like eggs.

Some odd port times. Ketchikan: arrived at 6am and back to the ship by noon?
Victoria: arrived 6pm and back by midnight. Rather limiting. I would have preferred fewer ports and more time in each. Less

Published 08/15/12

Read more Norwegian Pearl cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Pearl Review >>

Cabin review: OA8618

Window, aft, deck 8. Great. Plenty of room for 2 and great service.

Whale Watching

Lots of breaching whales. Great time.

Helicopter Tour

Cancelled due to weather.

White Pass Scenic Railway

Ok. Not too exciting.

Butchart Gardens

VERY VERY CROWDED. Difficult to see and appreciate all I know is there. Time was very short as well. The fireworks were the most unusual I have ever seen.

Skip X