“Norwegian Pearl”

Member Since 2012
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
I am not a person that would usually take a cruise with a big cruise line. I was invited on this and decided to go for a variety of reason. I had a FABULOUS time. I was amazed at the friendliness of the people on board and was very IMPRESSED with the crew. We had a server at dinner one night to whom we told our names. A few days later I saw her and she asked, by name, the whereabouts of my travelling companion. This was a rather typical happening. I couldn't imagine better service. My companion had sailed on another Norwegian cruise and said it was not nearly as friendly or fun at this. The shows were great too. I do think the food is very mediocre. There is no reason to have bad salmon when sailing in Alaskan waters. I am from Seattle so I know good salmon. Most of the foods were rather tasteless or overcooked. Now, this was in the open dining rooms. I don't know about the specialty dining rooms. None the less, the food definitely was my least pleasurable part of the cruise. I did like the free style cruising. We could eat any time any place. I would have like breakfast available all day. Breakfast roomservice was limited. Would have like eggs. Some odd port times. Ketchikan: arrived at 6am and back to the ship by noon? Victoria: arrived 6pm and back by midnight. Rather limiting. I would have preferred fewer ports and more time in each.
Norwegian Pearl Cruises to Alaska
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Oceanview Picture Window

Butchart Gardens
VERY VERY CROWDED. Difficult to see and appreciate all I know is there. Time was very short as well. The fireworks were the most unusual I have ever seen.
Published 08/15/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Pearl Review
Norwegian Pearl Cruises to Alaska
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?