Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by Tigerlily70

Cruise Date: August 2012
Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: OA
See More About: Norwegian Pearl Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals

Norwegian Pearl
I am not a person that would usually take a cruise with a big cruise line. I was invited on this and decided to go for a variety of reason. I had a FABULOUS time. I was amazed at the friendliness of the people on board and was very IMPRESSED with the crew. We had a server at dinner one night to whom we told our names. A few days later I saw her and she asked, by name, the whereabouts of my travelling companion. This was a rather typical happening. I couldn't imagine better service. My companion had sailed on another Norwegian cruise and said it was not nearly as friendly or fun at this. The shows were great too.

I do think the food is very mediocre. There is no reason to have bad salmon when sailing in Alaskan waters. I am from Seattle so I know good salmon. Most of the foods were rather tasteless or overcooked. Now, this was in the open dining rooms. I don't know about the specialty dining rooms. None the less, the food definitely was my least pleasurable part of the cruise. I did like the free style cruising. We could eat any time any place. I would have like breakfast available all day. Breakfast roomservice was limited. Would have like eggs.

Some odd port times. Ketchikan: arrived at 6am and back to the ship by noon?

Victoria: arrived 6pm and back by midnight. Rather limiting. I would have preferred fewer ports and more time in each.

Publication Date: 08/15/12