River Beatrice Cruise Review by eberhardtm: Great Experience!

River Beatrice 5
eberhardtm
Member Since 2012

Overall Member Rating

Great Experience!

Sail Date: July 2012
Destination: Europe - River Cruise
Embarkation: Other

We really enjoyed this cruise on the Danube River. First off, the river is not blue!

The staff of the ship was very professional and we felt pampered every day! The cruise manager grated on our nerves, but that was a matter of her style versus our style (we're both educators and can be critical of other''s presentations).

All shore excursions were such fun. My husband and I were dubbed 'teenagers' by one local guide because we are below the 70+ age of the typical cruiser! We loved the "quiet voice" technology that allowed us to hear the tour guides clearly while not having to huddle around them. We did feel rushed on the tour of Budapest. It would have been great to have more time to wander around the area of Matthias church. And next time in Vienna, I would need a whole DAY just at the Schonbrunn Palace. We did have a day to wander around Vienna.

The food on board was fabulous. I did not realize right away that the food changes to reflect the More specialties of the port you are in. I should have had more Bavarian pretzels while they were available! The local sausages were very tasty, and the portion sizes were just right. The dining room staff was top notch.

We enjoyed lots of time up on the sun deck, getting fresh air and watching the scenery. I liked passing through the locks on the Danube. The last lock in Slovenia was massive! The sun deck was never crowded- where were the other passengers? Less

Published 08/14/12

Onboarding Experience
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X