Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by TeachKinde

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by TeachKinde
Celebrity Infinity
Celebrity Infinity
Member Name: TeachKinde
Cruise Date: August 2012
Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
See More About: Celebrity Infinity Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Infinity 8/12
Second time on Infinity. (First time after retrofit.) The ship is beautiful. Staff is great! Itinerary is BAD!!!! There was never really an opportunity to view marine life. If we were cruising close to the shore it was in the middle of the night. Otherwise we were in open ocean. An itinerary that goes up the passage between Vancouver Island and the US and mainland Canada would be better. Also, we landed in Victoria at 6:00 pm and left at 11:00 pm. GLURG!!! That's a crappy time to try to do anything in Victoria! Having visited there many times before (since we live in Seattle) we didn't even bother to get off the ship.

Tracy Arm was different for us but in NO way compares to Glacier Bay.

Had to tender in when we were in Juneau. It took over 2 hours for us to get off the boat.

Our goal for this trip was to sit back and relax. We met our goal. However, if you were looking to be able to see marine life, have enough time for shore excursions, and to see some really spectacular scenery... this may not be the trip for you.

Oh yeah... We were Aqua class. Liked eating in Blu but was REALLY dissappointed when the main dining room was serving a Waldorf Salad and they would not give me that salad in Blu. Contrary to what has been published on the board before... you can't get what is on the main dining room menu in Blu. (Or at least I couldn't when I asked.)

The staff on the boat was spectacular with the exception of the casino staff. I actually saw one blackjack dealer tell someone that if they split 8's they could only have one card!!!!!! I don't know if he was trying to joke around but the client took him at his word and only took one card on each eight and lost his bets.

On the whole, I enjoyed my trip but would not reccomend it to my family because of itinerary issues.

Publication Date: 08/14/12