Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by NeyNeyshus

Member Name: NeyNeyshus
Cruise Date: August 2012
Embarkation: New Orleans
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Carnival Conquest Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Torture
Okay! Read this DISCLAIMER first. How many times have you read a bad cruise review and took the cruise anyway? How many times have you wound up saying "What were the bad reviewers thinking?" How many times have you thought the reviewers were crazy, picky snobs that nobody could please? You can decide if I too am crazy if you keep reading.

We're frequent cruisers and go once to twice a year. We took last year off from Carnival and tried Norwegian. We came home pleased. As far as Carnival, oh what a difference a year makes. We previously defended Carnival even though there were small hiccups here and there we thought they were good overall. Things change fast.

My 75 year old mother was sick last year and unable to cruise with us. We thought we would treat her to a good time this year. Big Mistake! Carnival is now totally geared towards selling their expensive drinks and fleecing your pockets of cash. Courteous, respectful law abiding customers now take a back seat to loud, boisterous falling down drunks because.....yes, they purchase liquor and lots of it. Cha-ching!

All but one night of our cruise neighbors all around us yelled, screamed and partied until about 3 am each morning. They congregated in the hall in front of our stateroom door laughing, drinking and using foul language all night. We immediately complained to Guest Services and Security. The first response from security was that they had other things to do and couldn't be bothered by us all night. They refused to take any action to stop the repeated noise. We asked to be moved to a new stateroom and were immediately denied that request. We contacted security both during the loud partying and the next morning and NOTHING was done to stop the nonsense.

One morning at 1 am our neighbors were partying loudly and a drunk walked over, slapped the "snoozing" sign off our door and yelled, "There's your f-ing early wake up call!" Then they proceeded to continue yelling and screaming. Since I was so angry I wanted to knock someone out, I called Guest Services but no one would answer the phone. When I stormed down to the desk, the security supervisor was called and he took me to his office. Did he handle the situation? NO! Instead I was advised I better not approach or confront the partiers in any way because it would not be tolerated. I explained I am a retired police officer and this drunken behavior would not be tolerated on land. The supervisor told me he has no authority at sea and is only a "diplomat." He can only politely request they quiet down. Seven night cruise, six nights of torture and sleep depravation.

I wanted to take my mom to see some shows. Nope! They don't do early shows anymore. They need you out of your stateroom late spending money on booze. If you turn in early, they don't make money. Shows start at 10 pm only. One show started at 8 pm. We went early to get a seat in front. The showgirls were nearly naked. I'm a red blooded American man that loves pretty ladies but the talent was so bad even half naked ladies couldn't hold my attention. We walked out. We never miss any show on a cruise. We didn't see ANY on this one.

Renoir dining room is good. Food in the buffet, GARBAGE!

We had fun in the ports but this was seven days of torture aboard. Carnival will never get another dime of my money. I could go on and on with negatives but it's just a waste of time. If you're a drunk, you will love this cruise. Carnival is waiting to take your money.

Publication Date: 08/14/12