Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by CANsweetie

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by CANsweetie
Allure of the Seas
Member Rating   Not Rated
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

A 18 year olds Allure
For the last 2 weeks i have been on the Allure. The first week we did the western Caribbean and there was not many 18-20 year olds so i stayed with my parents and did a lot of the on board activities with them, it was fun. Chicago was amazing and funny,I highly suggest not bringing kids or teens under 15 because there is a lot of sexual humor, like a lot. I also went to see the How to Train your Dragon on ice, it was so cute. The Oceanaria show was AMAZING!!! it made my heart pound at times I think i saw it about 5 times over the 2 weeks :) but I found the Blue Planet show a little boring although that is just my personal opinion i just don't like a whole show with singing and dancing but no real story line to follow a lot of the children around me grew restless or fell asleep, mostly fell asleep but my parents enjoyed it.

The second week there were more 18-20 year olds so I made a lot of friends. We went to the night club, Blaze, often but found it awkward to dance in. We usually just met up there then went swimming late at night because the pools are far too busy to actually swim in during the day. It was usually not a problem, except for one night around 1 15 am a security guard came up to me and 2 of my friends and asked us our age, i am 18 my one friend was also 18 and the other was 20, the security guard pointed to my friend who is 18 and i and told us we had to be in our rooms by two, i didn't care to much because i was getting tired anyway but my friend who was 20 started saying that no there is no rule that says that which is true and the guard just walked away. At about 1 30 we went into the hot tub and met some other passengers who were around our age but looked a little older they were asking us were from and we were chatting and then the guard came back and said and I quote "that's it get to your staterooms now." Now usually I don't like to argue especially with crew members but he was talking to me very rudely, like i was a 6 year old who needed to be scolded, for no reason so i leaned over the edge and started asking why we had to go to our rooms and such and he just said it was the rules, i said i have never seen or heard of this rule before and if it is a new rule it should be better distributed, he told me that it doesn't matter if i know the rule or not, just that it was the rule. Now i know for a fact it is not a rule so finally i said that i have been on a lot of cruises and i have been up much later then this and never had a problem, and finally he asked to see mine and my 18 year old friends card he looked at my friends card (this was one of his first royal cruises so he didn't have anything written on his card) and told him to get to his stateroom even though M2 was clearly on his card (M2=Minor over 18 under 21) then he looked at mine even though his thumb was obviously over my age he handed my Diamond card back to me and said never mind to my friend and walked away but kept his eye on us all night (we may of stayed up a bit later then we would have just to bug him). The next morning i was talking to the stateroom attendant who i had made friends with over the 2 weeks and i told him what had happened and he told me to go to the guest services and complain, and i would have if i had gotten his name, now looking back at it i should have because he was being unreasonably rude. Its not like we were being loud and disturbing other passengers we were actually just sitting there. Oh well he may have put a damper on my night but he didn't ruin my trip I just want to make sure that other 18-20 year olds don't get bullied by the same or similar guards, stick up for yourself!

Also on the second week i got a picture of puss in boots and me, there was no line of children because it was at like 10 pm they had him out, when i assume most children are in bed, that did not make sense to me but what ever i got a super cute pic i love :) I loved the assistant cruise director Bell, i think i have had her before she is so funny and nice and Ken seems nice and all Bell just seemed so much more approachable. There were these 2 singers on the cruise ship (I cant for the life of me remember their names) they were so good! They sang the western songs it was so good, even if i didn't know the song (and being from southern Ontario i did not know a lot of them) i still enjoyed it because the way they sang made you think and feel like the song meant something to them.

The food on the ship was good. I loved the hot dog stand and the salad bar at the park cafe (my dad really liked the roast beef sandwich). I found that there was enough options but not enough space or staff at peak hours to accommodate all the people so there was often long lines and no where to sit down with your food, i had to, more often then i liked, walk half way around the ship to sit somewhere. The windjammer had less options but still enough. I always eat to much :)

In the second week my friends woke me up at like 9 30 to go to the gym (they kicked my butt there i was sore for days lol) the facility was clean. I did not like having to walk though the spa area to get there though and when you did walk into the fitness area the first thing i smelled was smoke and my friends said that its like that every morning, that made no sense to me because there were no smoking areas around there. The area was a little cramped there was enough room between each machine to use it but not to walk by so i got hit a few times by someone but oh well.

Over all i really enjoyed the trip (except for that security guard) it was really good there was almost always something to do.

Publication Date: 08/14/12