TA 27 July 2012: Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by days2do
Overall Member Rating
TA 27 July 2012
1. Cabin was very aft on deck 6. No real noise issues from deck 7 joggers or walkers. Cabin was clean and well looked after by the steward. Slight vibration and on occasion noticeable roll movement even in slight sea conditions. Balcony was good and protected from both wind and spray/rain.
2. Food and dining: Britannia was good although the food could do to be warmer. Service was also very good by Moonnesh and Monika. Kings Court very muddled and took almost a week to work out.
3. Dress requirements: Nice to see most people making the effort;however not every one bothered and this wasn't policed by the restaurant staff.
4. Shops: The table sales made the place look like a car boot sale. Enough said.
5. Staff: More Very attentive and couldn't be faulted.
6. Entertainment: Very good. David Frost was good. My favourite was Maria King!!!!
7. Embarkation/dis-embarkation: Southampton was busy with little regard to check-in times but no worse than any airport check-in. Brooklyn terminal was fairly smooth through immigration and baggage collection but taxi rank was frantic with long queues etc.
8. Overall: Loved it and would do it again the other way. Less
Cabin review: BD6289
Well appointed and clean. Just enough wardrobe space for 7 days but not much longer. No noise issues from deck above but some noise from extraction fans with balcony door open. Slight roll movement even in slight sea states.
Just came back from a 10 day c...
From my perspective, this ship...
Good cruise, lousy stateroom l...
Not value for money
HKG/SIN - 7 days is too short ...