This was a first time 'cruise' for us and we weren't really sure what to expect; however this voyage generally met and in places exceeded our expectations. Rather than ramble on I'll break this review into bullet points:
1. Cabin was very aft on deck 6. No real noise issues from deck 7 joggers or walkers. Cabin was clean and well looked after by the steward. Slight vibration and on occasion noticeable roll movement even in slight sea conditions. Balcony was good and protected from both wind and spray/rain.
2. Food and dining: Britannia was good although the food could do to be warmer. Service was also very good by Moonnesh and Monika. Kings Court very muddled and took almost a week to work out.
3. Dress requirements: Nice to see most people making the effort;however not every one bothered and this wasn't policed by the restaurant staff.
4. Shops: The table sales made the place look like a car boot sale. Enough said.
5. Staff: Very attentive and couldn't be faulted.
6. Entertainment: Very good. David Frost was good. My favourite was Maria King!!!!
7. Embarkation/dis-embarkation: Southampton was busy with little regard to check-in times but no worse than any airport check-in. Brooklyn terminal was fairly smooth through immigration and baggage collection but taxi rank was frantic with long queues etc.
8. Overall: Loved it and would do it again the other way.