Norwegian Star Cruise Review by Martkar: Good Cruise On The NCL Star Out Of New York

Martkar
Member Since 2008

Family & Children 2.0

Compare Prices on Norwegian Star Bermuda Cruises

Good Cruise On The NCL Star Out Of New York

Sail Date: July 2012
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

Cruise To Bermuda July 29th out of New York. Embarkation Took about 40 minutes from start to finish so it was painless. Got on board and had lunch at the poolside grill and rooms were ready by 13:30. We had rooms 8600 and 8602 both obstructed views but by far the most obstructed we ever had but it was not a big deal. If I was to book again I would have booked inside knowing the full extent of what obstructed was, but again not an issue.

The ship was full and given that it was the last week of July that was to be expected. Fairly calm group of guest many 21 to 25 year old and a few old folks like us. The only issue was the pool which was always packed so I named it a standing pool and the deck chair hogs were out in full force as we were generally finished breakfast by 07:30 - 08:00 and there was never a chair to be found by the pool area. We sat in front of the ship most days but even then if you got out later than 09:00 all chairs were reserved. NCL has recently announced More they will be cracking down on this practise so there is hope.

Food was great in all venues with the buffet being the most ordinary. We ate at the Brazilian restaurant and the food and service was great. We had to take a 18:00 reservation because everything was booked after that but as a consolation they give you a free bottle of wine so that was a nice touch.

We tried booking the steak house but the girls did not want to go so I was alone and they would only take 2 people or more. I would recommend booking the restaurants reservations early in the week otherwise you will miss out as they fill up fast.

The crew and staff were the best we ever had in our 15 cruise on all the other lines. This was the first time on NCL and we were blown away with the eagerness of everyone to serve you. We had a problem with the door lock one day (battery was dead) and they provided us with 4 drink coupons because we were inconvenienced, which we were not, but it was great that they offered it to us with us even asking. Classy move on NCL's part.

Entertainment was first class all the way. I did not fall asleep once which is my normal mode of operation when I go see shows.

The ship was very clean but there is signs of it needing some renovation but there was nothing that stood out that would stop us from taking the ship again.

Bermuda was great except that our vacations to go representative did not point out to us that it was Bermuda's National Holiday on Thursday and Friday where most shops were closed which was a disappointment. The bus and ferry pass worked well and was a good value for the money. The island is beautiful.

All and all a very cruise,good value for the money and I would definite recommend NCL to others. Less

Read more Norwegian Star cruise reviews >>