Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by hapbutler

Cruise Date: August 2012
Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: 2B
See More About: Celebrity Infinity Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Dining 5+

Not the Cadillac of Cruise Lines
On the 3rd of August I boarded Celebrity Infinity for an Alaskan cruise. When I signed up for this trip I was told that Celebrity was the Cadillac of cruise lines and that I was going to be shocked at how much better the service and overall cruise experience was going to be. They were wrong! I can honestly say that this was the worst cruise on which I've ever been.

The Staff in the main dining room and the food were excellent. Both our head waiter and his assistant were knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly. And the wine steward was the best. I've never met anyone who knew more about wine then he did; however, other than the main dining room, the food service staff gave the impression that they we're bored and really didn't care if there were there and the food was tolerable. Also, unlike other cruise lines, at their buffet, staff served you, which causes delays and crowded lines.

In their "end of cruise survey" they asked if staff and officers were friendly and engaging. I found the crew and officers to say "hello, good morning, hi" only if you spoke first, and no one was "engaging". Isn't this a business: isn't this their job to be helpful and to smile and at least give the impression of being friendly? Who wants to be aboard a ship where greeted each day with forced smiles and stare into the distance.

The cabins were no bigger and no smaller than other lines and the balcony was normal size. The difference from other lines was the shower. It was huge compared to what I had on other cruises. The big difference with this cabin as compared to others, were the bed bugs we encountered. YUK. Enough said.

Finally, I truly question the accuracy of their billing system. Each morning I reviewed my account (thru the TV) to check my charges. I went to the Guest Service Desk repeatedly to have charges reversed which I had not made. They seem to make mistake after mistake.

In conclusion, this is my experience and my experience only. I am not telling you not to take Celebrity because you may have an enjoyable experience -- I DIDN'T.

Publication Date: 08/12/12
Read the Alaska ports review by hapbutler
More Celebrity Infinity Cruise Reviews