Seven Seas Voyager Cruise Review by kdub24: Wonderful time on Regent Seven Seas Voyager

kdub24
Member Since 2012
1 Post

Compare Prices on Seven Seas Voyager Baltic & Northern Europe Cruises

Wonderful time on Regent Seven Seas Voyager

Sail Date: July 2012
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Embarkation: Copenhagen

This was my second cruise, both with Regent. I thoroughly enjoyed the Baltic cruise, and the Regent level of quality.

I just think Regent gets it right. I found everything met or exceeded my expectations, including (but not limited to,) customer service, cleanliness, friendliness, quality of food and beverages, efficiency, and variety of excursions.

Cabin: clean, comfortable, attentive. James, our cabin steward, was efficient, earnest, and attentive.

Lounges: We frequented the Observation Lounge, where they remembered my drink order from day one, and where the view couldn't be beat. We also enjoyed the Horizon Lounge.

Restaurants: Again, attentive, efficient service, and friendly, too. They remembered my preferences after the initial visit. Especially enjoyed chatting with Ashleigh and Katerina (sp?) in La Veranda, and with the staff in Compass Rose.

Excursions: Enjoyed all of them, and was impressed with the quality of the guides, More too. Appreciated that we had a chance to talk at length with guides in Berlin, Riga, Estonia, and to Peterhof about how life has changed for them in the last 25 years. The excursion to the Hermitage was pretty chaotic, but that's not Regent's fault, and we had a great guide (Anna). one comment is I don't know if the Helsinki Vintage Tram excursion was worth paying for - it would have been OK as a "freebie," but we could have done just as well on our own. The guide, though, was entertaining.

The enrichment lectures by Dr. Stewart Nelson were very valuable. It gave great insight to each port, and it was good to be able to watch them on the TV if we missed the live lecture.

I like the personal touch of Regent, and the fact that the staff get to get off the boat and enjoy themselves, too. I've read the books written by (former) Carnival staff, and that sounds like horrendous work. The Regent staff appear happy, and well cared-for.

The Captain, John McNeill, remembered me from my previous cruise, and took the time to visit with me a few times. I liked that he was at the bottom of the gangway in Stockholm, saying goodbye to every passenger.

I took advantage of the offer to make a deposit on a future cruise. So, perhaps the Mediterranean is next?! Less

Read more Seven Seas Voyager cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Seven Seas Voyager Review >>

Cabin review: Seven Seas Voyager Deluxe Suite Deck Eight 802

Plenty of room, great balcony. Love having both a shower and a tub.

(5.5)
Yes, Berlin isn't on the sea, so getting there takes a while. But it's worth it to see one of the world's significant cities.
Read 50 Berlin Reviews

We did a "Vintage Tram Tour" which was Ok - guide was good - but I'm not sure it was worth paying for. Walking around the city is easy enough to do, and it's a pretty city.
Read 334 Helsinki Reviews

(5.5)
Beautiful parks, beautiful river, beautiful old town.
Read 26 Riga Reviews

City Tour

(5.5)
St. Petersburg is so significant in the history of Russia and the former USSR. This was a small tour (25 people) to two small museums, the Kirov, and the Museum of Political History. An intimate look at history.

Hermitage Museum

(3)
How to see the Hermitage, when thousands upon thousands of others want to see it too, and it's such a vast, vast museum?! No easy answer to that question. In a way, it's a "must-do" in St. P, but someone in our group summed it up best: "we saw everything, and didn't see anything." I was too stressed out about losing sight of my guide to really concentrate on much. That said, I'm glad I went.

Peterhof Palace

(4)
Peterhof is beautiful, from the gardens to the famous fountains, to the Baroque palace itself. Going on an organized tour meant that we got in first, and avoided a bunch of the crowds later. That's the only way to do it.

We did the "Under the Bridges" tour, and it was a wonderful way to see this beautiful city.

(5.5)
Took a sea kayaking trip about 40 kms outside of Tallinn. Wonderful way to see rural Estonia, and one of its many, many islands. A hidden gem!
Read 350 Tallinn Reviews

(5.5)
Fascinating old town, and new library. Beautiful beach.
Read 22 Visby Reviews