Seven Seas Voyager Cruise Review by kdub24

Cruise Date: July 2012
Embarkation: Copenhagen
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Cabin Category: F
See More About: Seven Seas Voyager Cruise Reviews | Baltic & Northern Europe Cruise Reviews | Regent Seven Seas Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: Seven Seas Voyager Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Seven Seas Voyager Deck Plans
Wonderful time on Regent Seven Seas Voyager
This was my second cruise, both with Regent. I thoroughly enjoyed the Baltic cruise, and the Regent level of quality.

I just think Regent gets it right. I found everything met or exceeded my expectations, including (but not limited to,) customer service, cleanliness, friendliness, quality of food and beverages, efficiency, and variety of excursions.

Cabin: clean, comfortable, attentive. James, our cabin steward, was efficient, earnest, and attentive.

Lounges: We frequented the Observation Lounge, where they remembered my drink order from day one, and where the view couldn't be beat. We also enjoyed the Horizon Lounge.

Restaurants: Again, attentive, efficient service, and friendly, too. They remembered my preferences after the initial visit. Especially enjoyed chatting with Ashleigh and Katerina (sp?) in La Veranda, and with the staff in Compass Rose.

Excursions: Enjoyed all of them, and was impressed with the quality of the guides, too. Appreciated that we had a chance to talk at length with guides in Berlin, Riga, Estonia, and to Peterhof about how life has changed for them in the last 25 years. The excursion to the Hermitage was pretty chaotic, but that's not Regent's fault, and we had a great guide (Anna). one comment is I don't know if the Helsinki Vintage Tram excursion was worth paying for - it would have been OK as a "freebie," but we could have done just as well on our own. The guide, though, was entertaining.

The enrichment lectures by Dr. Stewart Nelson were very valuable. It gave great insight to each port, and it was good to be able to watch them on the TV if we missed the live lecture.

I like the personal touch of Regent, and the fact that the staff get to get off the boat and enjoy themselves, too. I've read the books written by (former) Carnival staff, and that sounds like horrendous work. The Regent staff appear happy, and well cared-for.

The Captain, John McNeill, remembered me from my previous cruise, and took the time to visit with me a few times. I liked that he was at the bottom of the gangway in Stockholm, saying goodbye to every passenger.

I took advantage of the offer to make a deposit on a future cruise. So, perhaps the Mediterranean is next?!

Publication Date: 08/12/12
Read the Baltic & Northern Europe ports review by kdub24
More Seven Seas Voyager Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Seven Seas Voyager review Read the next Seven Seas Voyager review

More Baltic & Northern Europe Reviews