Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by lem4

Carnival Miracle
Carnival Miracle
Member Name: lem4
Cruise Date: July 2012
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Cabin Category: 1A

Carnival Miracle with my Grand daughter
Took my 12 yr old grand daughter on her first cruise. It was my 4th one, 1st with Carnival. I got on the ship about 1:00. Of course we ate first. It was hot on the pool deck & I had jeans & short sleeve top with sneakers & we wanted to go in the pool. We kept going to the room to look for our luggage. 6:30 we finally went and got our own luggage & it took two trips to find it all. Our cabin must have been over the engine room. It was noisy & the bed vibrated. I had ear plugs but they didn't help much. They are not very clean on this ship. They need to vacuum more & under the beds. Other ships I've been on cleaned up my messy clothes etc. not on this ship. So we finally got our bathing suits on & shorts etc. & went up to the pool. Within the time it took to get our luggage & change etc. the sun went down & it was windy & a little cool. I give up!!! Entertainment was just ok.

One of the pools broke down and then the other one too. They were fixed eventually but it was a while without any pools. People were not happy! My grand daughter cut her finger on a broken pool tile. I saw one of the crew picking up pieces of tile all over the place. Took her to guest services & they gave her a band aid. That was it. One thing I don't get is why they keep wetting the pool deck down at night. I was nervous about falling.

One of my favorite things to do at night on a cruise is to sit by the pool & listen to a band, dance, even see entertainment. There was nothing on deck at night at all. It was dead after 8:00 pm. The cabin steward wasn't very friendly. I don't think I saw him smile once the whole cruise. Other people were very friendly. We passed him on our last day & he didn't even say good bye. One thing I was pleased with was the food, (a lot of choices)although the one time we ate breakfast in the dining room, we found a "clump" of hair in the rolls basket. YUK!

We took the sky ride in St. Thomas then went to Megan's Bay Beach. $16.00 for a taxi each way & $4.00 to get in the beach area. Did some shopping too. People on this blog say to do the tours on your own because they are cheaper. The sky ride cost more than it would have through Carnival. We did enjoy this day though.

P.R. was just shopping. Did the semi sub in Grand Turk. That was fun also. The guys on the sub were great. Did some shopping too.

Disembarkation was a nightmare. Apparently if you pay more for your cabin you get off the ship quickly. If you take your own luggage you'll get off quickly too. I was on deck 1 so I was 24 of 26 groups. A family in front of us was saying they were scratching Carnival off their list. I told them I was too. Getting a Taxi was another nightmare. No one told me we had to find a woman who gave you a ticket for your turn to get a taxi. Thank God I found out on my own. They were in the 30s & we had 109!! Luggage was supposed to be in 24. We found one in 24, one in 26 & one in 23. After all this we missed our Bus by 7 mins. & had to wait 1 1/2 hours for another one. If you take a plane, Carnival will get you to the airport but if you take a bus you are on your own. These were the exact words from Carnival! The bus was an hour late getting back home. Too bad the one I missed was on time getting to N.Y.

My next cruise is in January with Royal Caribbean. I will not cruise with any one but RCCL from now on. You can't beat them. But then again we all have different tastes & some people love Carnival.

Publication Date: 08/12/12