Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by boosdada

Cabin Category: 6C
Dining 5+
        Under 3 1.0

Great time on the Conquest
Embarkation - I was slightly disappointed in the whole process. It was very stressful; people blowing whistles in the parking area, yelling at you to speed up and park. Didn't get much better when we made our way through security, but it did go pretty quick, barely a line. We arrived at port around 10:30. After security, we got our sea pass cards, again, very quick no line. After that, we took our pictures then got our number sat and waited for our number to be called. We got on the ship around noon and proceeded to our rooms which they let you in at 12:30. We dropped off our carry on luggage and went to eat lunch. As I already knew from reading previous reviews, the buffet lines were loooong so we went up to the fish and chips(fried tilapia and fries) which was basically empty and plenty of seats. I was disappointed to find out that our dining room seats weren't window seats; we had booked 6mo in advance and requested to have a window. We were in the Renoir dining room the first night then switched to the Monet still know window but glad we did better atmosphere and staff. We had 6 adults with us ages 22-50 and 2 children 18mo and 17mo. The welcome aboard show was at 10:30 I didn't go but my wife did but I did catch a few other shows the dancing needs aloooot of work and the wardrobe almost nonexistent 96% of the time they were in thongs.

Overall, the kids did have a good time. It would have been better if there had been more age specific activities for them. We only used camp carnival once on the last sea day. Only time available is 8am-10am. We would have used it more if they had more hours for under 2.

Sea Days

We had three sea days and again we had my daughter 18mo and my nephew 17mo with us. We started the days with breakfast in the Monet dining room great food and excellent service. Then we made our way to deck 10 aft where we had a 32inch blowup pool for the kids to play in since they weren't allowed in the other pools because of the diapers they couldn't even go with little swimmers on. We blew it up next to the shower and filled the pool up with shower water and dumped it back in the shower drain when we were done the kids also liked playing in the showers. They are also not allowed down the water slide because they are to small, but we snuck them down a few times before a supervisor or something stopped us. after pool time around 12 or so we made our way to the buffet which we found every sea day to be very crowded but like i said earlier we went up to the fish and chips right above the buffet and again plenty of seats and no line. If you are going to stand in a line for lunch i would highly suggest the Mongolian grill thing located starboard side mid ship by the main pool bar. The food is great the best time is right after a port day when everyone is off the boat still but be careful they closed at 3:30 i believe. There were plenty of carnival organized stuff to do during the day and nights, but we didn't participate(kids).

Shows

I saw one dancing show and we couldn't stop laugh at each other not because the show was funny but because the dancing was that bad. Singing was ok, but to me you should have people lining up to dance on ships that are way better...again my opinion...

Comedians

I only saw one cowboy bill or something it was the 11 o'clock adult show it was pretty good i would recommend getting there very early though seats go very quick.

Magician

Our magician was a woman she was pretty good i would say go watch it its something to do.

Nightlife

I went to Henri's a few time with my brother in law if you want good music for dancing if your in your 20's or so they play lil wayne and stuff like that it seemed to me after midnight never really that packed but there were people in there on the nights before sea days.

*** as a side note I was disappointed in the pool deck party I was expecting it to be like the one on the Freedom of the Seas 18 or older I was disappointed to see when my wife and I got up there it was people ages 1-99 it started at 11 or 11:30 and the DJ was gone by no later than midnight. So we left there and went to another comedy show.

Casino

Never really that busy spent a lot of time on the roulette wheel did pretty good. played a few hands of blackjack lost.

Ship Size

As I said at the beginning I have previously sailed on the Freedom of the Seas a much larger ship. I was not disappointed at all in the size of the Conquest it was just fine didn't have all the bells and whistles, but didn't matter it was still a nice ship people always cleaning and doing maintenance.

Debarkation

This was the same as leaving we were supposed to get off the ship at 10:40-10:45 but we were in the theatre and around 9:30 the guy watching us in the room said every one's luggage is ready go ahead and make your way off the ship i was on the interstate by 10:30 again though people in the port yelling blowing whistles mass orderly confusion is what I'm going to call it they knew what they were doing but it just seemed stupid they way they did somethings so just listen to the port people as much as you think they are wrong.

Publication Date: 08/11/12