Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by jon_davidson@yahoo.com: Great First Experience Cruising!

jon_davidson@yahoo.com
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Navigator of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Great First Experience Cruising!

Sail Date: February 2012

We had a wonderful time on the Navigator of the Seas. It was our very first cruise so I can't compare the ship to any others but I can say that in almost every way they exceeded our expectations.

To start with since it was our first cruise I decided to book the cheapest cabin option available (figured I could always move up on following cruises if I liked it). So I booked a guarantee inside cabin. However, when we arrived at the ship I found that we had been upgraded for free up to an ocean view cabin on the second deck.

We loved our cabin. It was smaller than I had thought it would be and the bathroom was down right tiny, but from what I found out talking with other people the cabin size was more or less average for cruise ships. The bed was reasonably comfortable and there was plenty of storage. The "port hole" window was huge and provided a great view of the sea and the ports as we came in. The only complaint about the cabin was the TV, it was an ancient More picture tube type and small. But since we didn't go on a cruise to watch TV it wasn't a big deal.

The food was great. We particularly enjoyed eating in the main dining room. The service was incredible and we thought the food was very tasty. I had duck, lamb and salmon all of them were wonderful. I did have a prime rib one night that was really really bad, but when I mentioned this to our waiter he quickly replaced it with one that was fine. Breakfast in the main dining room was wonderful each morning, my wife especially enjoyed the make your own granola bar. We didn't personally enjoy the windjammer buffet, we found that it was often crowded and very noisy and the food quality didn't match what we found in the dining room. We did enjoy the little Bistro which offers 24 hour snacks for no additional charge. We especially enjoyed getting a rum cake and cup of coffee there in the evenings after the shows. We would take our coffee and cake to go and sit on the deck and watch the stars and moon over the sea.

Entertainment on the Navigator was amazing. Since the Navigator has an ice rink on board they were able to offer an ice show as a part of the entertainment. I felt that this ice show was of the same quality of any ice show I had ever seen and we were able to get a first row seat (I kept thinking this is great and it's not costing me anything for this show). On our cruise we also had a very impressive comedian and the Nelson Brothers did a very nice tribute show to their father Ricky Nelson.

We did an Eastern Caribbean cruise with ports of call in St. Martin, St. Kitts, Labadee and San Juan. We enjoyed all of them. The only issue I had with this schedule was that for some reason we arrived really early at San Juan and the ship left at 2pm. This meant that for the first couple of hours we were there nothing was open yet and we had to leave before we could do everything we wanted to do.

We thought she staff on the Navigator were wonderful, the ship was impressive and the ports of call were great. I perfect experience for our first cruise! Less

Read more Navigator of the Seas cruise reviews >>