Carnival Legend Cruise Review by misskkj

Embarkation: Tampa
Cabin Category: 8K
Entertainment 5+

Great time!
This was a first time cruise for us. We had many worries- would we get sea sick? Would people object to us? (We are lesbians) Would we like the food? Would it be too much walking for me? Would we like our balcony room? Would the staff be helpful?

I will tell you I was truly amazed and very happy with this cruise! We did not get sea sick- we did take OTC sea sick prevention meds daily. We were also told this was one of the most calmest seas fellow cruisers had ever sailed on. We are in the MDR every night and going in the first night we were a tad nervous to how others would react to us. We didn't want to make anyone uncomfortable nor did we want to hide who we are or be made to feel uncomfortable. Well the first other couple we met at our table were a gay couple and they because our buddies! We even exchanged contact info and have talked with them since returning. Next to sit down was a beautiful mother, husband and adult daughter. They were kind too. The last 2 at the table was an adult daughter and her mom. They only came to the MDR once and they arrived late and left early. They didn't seem they wanted to make any new friends lol. I could always find something on the menu. I am kind of a picky eater but the food was good. Somethings I liked more then others but over all it was fine. I am (slightly) disabled but walking, even on port days was just fine! Inside the ship there are plenty of places to sit and relax- many areas were very quiet and empty so at times it was an added bonus. I did like the balcony however it was so hot I didn't utilize it to its fullest. Our room was very dusty and our room steward not too on top of things. More then once we needed to call him for basics such as toilet paper. Never anything to ruin my day over. All other staff was extremely helpful. These men and women work their backsides off. They work long hours for many months at a time. Our head waiter (the tallest waiter there) was a great guy. He remembered everyone's names and our likes and dislikes. More then once he told me to try this rather than that because he could tell my taste- and he was always right! His assistant was a great young guy! This kid always had a smile on his face. I took him aside and told him next time he goes home to visit, to tell his mom she should be proud of him because he is a good worker and a kind man.

We went to the "Shopping Seminar" before we even went to the first port. It was too long and very boring. Neil is a sweet guy but I dislike being told that buying a certain type of jewelry will cure my ailments. And he said more then once that this watch would CURE ur illnesses and he listed what it would cure. I will say Neil is one of the hardest working people on the ship and knows a lot. Many of the port shops were over priced. At one stop on a private tour of Rotan, we were taken to a great shopping area and bought many items way below the port's prices- and yes they were the exact same items.

Over all- this was one of the best things I have ever done in my life! We are already looking into booking our next cruise. The fellow cruisers were so kind and I talked to people from all over this world!

I can't wait to cruise again!!!

Publication Date: 08/09/12