Carnival Glory Cruise Review by BobTwain: Disappointing

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Canada & New England Cruises

Disappointing

Sail Date: August 2012
Destination: Canada & New England
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

I guess that I was led to believe a cruise was much different than what I experienced. I don't want to blame Carnival for the bad time that I had. I know that others had a great time. It must just be me. I want to rate a couple of things below:

[1] Service (5/5) - I thought the service was top notch. I couldn't have asked for anything more. The staff was nearly perfect - asking just enough to keep me happy w/o pestering me.

[2] Food (2/5) - This is where the "disappointing" part begins. I was led to believe that the food on cruises were top notch. This wasn't the case. The fresh fruit was the best part. Almost everything else was diner quality at best. The burgers were especially bad.

[3] Entertainment (1/5) - The entertainment was just plain bad. I couldn't sit through an entire show. I have older kids (>13 yo) so I brought them to a couple of shows, some of which I walked out of because of the "dress" and/or actions of the performers and some just More because the performances were horrible. There was one fellow who couldn't remember his lines - just a terrible time. There was one comedian in the Ebony room who was fairly good but my wife was tired and we left shortly after he started.

[4] Decor/Condition (4/5) - The ship was in very good condition with very few exceptions. There wasn't anything that really needed updating. There was work continually done when we were on board (but it didn't interfere with our time). The ship was exceptionally clean and those who worked to keep it that way seemed to enjoy it. (I know this sounds strange, but it is true).

I was expecting ice sculptures, great food, great entertainment and not to be totally bored out of my mind but I didn't get any of that. I was so totally bored on this cruise that I slept 2 days until early afternoon just to pass the time. I was actually angry and never even got off the ship in St John or Halifax. I couldn't wait to get home.

Again, its probably just me. I don't gamble. I don't drink. I don't dance. I tried so very hard to find some place quiet on board. So I found a library but it was soon crowded and people were again very loud. I eventually found a deck w/o children but again, nothing to do.

What a waste of money and time. That was my first and my last cruise - never again!

Bob T. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Glory Interior Upper

Very small claustrophobic interior cabin. Shower wasn't large but very hot water available and great pressure - very important to me. I could do without the towel animals in favor of free soda.