Ventura 1

“Just not up to scratch-will not do P & O again”
Cruise review of P&O Ventura

n7chap
Member Since 2010
38 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

We were a group of 6 celebrating a 40th birthday, we have cruised with NCL, P and O and Celebrity before.

I can't stress enough how disappointed I was with P@O and Ventura. While the ship from the outside looks impressive the interior is dated and 80's style, I find it hard to believe it was only launched in 2008.

As with most cruises the vast majority of the staff are foreign and of all the cruises I've been on so far the staff were the least engaging and generally of a poor standard.

Food was just not up to scratch in all areas, the buffet was chaotic, second class quality and the food poorly displayed. It was a horrible experience to be completely frank. Food on evening dinner service was more or less thrown at us, the waiting staff were more interested in talking amongst themselves rather than engaging with the diners. I was shocked by how bad the service was.

The staterooms are dated and poorly maintained. The shower has a shower curtain and all More of cabins we occupied had a damp musty smell to them. The main positive about the room was plenty of storage.

Where P@O seem to excel is on their entertainment, all of the entertainment staff were of excellent quality.

Our favorite line is Celebrity, the difference for the same price is vast between the 2 companies, if you're considering which company to choose there is no comparison in my opinion. Less

Ventura Cruises to the British Isles & Western Europe

Published 08/08/12

Read Cruise Critic's Ventura Review

Ventura Cruises to the British Isles & Western Europe

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?