Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by reeb4: Great weekend getaway

Compare Prices on Majesty of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

Great weekend getaway

Sail Date: July 2012
Destination: Bahamas

As a somewhat last minute idea, we booked Majesty out of Miami for a 3-day cruise 7/27-7/30.

We arrived at MIA around noon, and caught a cab to the port. I had heard that the Miami port was easy. We arrived, got in line for Platinum and above, and were on the ship in no time at all. We carried on, and by the time we got to our room, it was ready to go and we went to explore the options at the Windjammer. But first, for those worried about the description of "obstructed view" for the Deck 9 Superior Rooms, don't be...the rooms are larger than those below, and we had enough room to sleep, shower, etc. You aren't there to spend all day in the room, right? The "obstruction" was the life boats, but they are not right in the window, and only block your view if you are trying to look down. I preferred looking out, and the view was great.

We started with RCI back in the days of the Song of America (anyone remember her?) and I was really looking forward to that small More ship feel. Majesty (having undergone renovation in 2007) was in great shape and is a classy ship. We went to the Excursion desk first, and got our names on a wait list for a cabana for Coco Cay. By dinner, we wer told we had one. We ended up with a large one (four lounge chairs) facing the ship. I will do that every time from now on. Nice ice chest with a fruit plate, bottled waters and a bottle of champagne. Floating mats, snorkle equipment also included.

The Windjammer had better selection than I recalled on other cruises, and we had a good lunch to start off. After a couple of drinks to celebrate being there, and heading to Boleros for the life boat drill (easiest drill ever - no waiting outside with vest on, just go to your area (ours was Boleros) and check in. Listen to the announcements, and soon we were released.

We scheduled a couples massage for the first evening. Never done that before, and WOW, it was great. Pricey (even with the Crown & Anchor discount), but, what the heck, we were saving money by not having the kids there!!!!! It was so nice, we scheduled another for Sunday.

Afterward, we walked around the ship, and enjoyed ourselves until dinner. We opted for My Time dining. This needs a few wrinkles worked out, but overall, we were pleased. Our reservation was for 8:15, and each night we ate with the same couples at tables next to us, and enjoyed great conversation, while still having a nice dinner for two. Some complain about the food - I do not. I thought there were great options, it was prepared very well, and we enjoyed every dinner.

After dinner we ended up at Boleros for Salsa Night, and danced well into the evening. The band members gave lessons to a large group and then the music played and all had a great time.

On Saturday, we enjoyed the cabana at Coco Cay. The upgraded lunch was also very nice. We snorkeled, walked around (I do me AROUND) the island, and settled in for relaxation and champagne. Back on the ship we enjoyed the Crown & Anchor reception.

That evening, after dinner, we went to the Chorus Line Lounge for a juggling act. Entertaining and funny. We then went to the Pool Deck for the Midnight Buffet and Pool Dance Party. Late night, too much food, fun for all.

Sunday, we were in Nassau. We didn't want to shop, so we rented a scooter (Vespa) and rode over to Cabbage Beach near Atlantis. We enjoyed the water, and later, rode around town a bit until we stumbled on a small, local Regatta. Lots of local food vendors, local beer, and music.

As we headed back to the ship, we stopped briefly to get a few gifts, and called it a day.

More massage, more food, more fun...you get the idea.

Overall, Majesty is a fine ship. We really enjoyed the itinerary and would do it again (maybe even let the kids come next time). Less

Read more Majesty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Majesty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Majesty of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom Deck 9 9056

I think the cabin was fine. Are they smaller than hotel rooms? Yes. Is there enough room? Yes. the Superior Outside rooms are about 25% larger. I do think that is important and if I was in a smaller cabin I think the difference would feel cramped. The view was fine. The life boats obstruct a view if you want to look down. Since the ocean view was looking out, I was not bothered at all. It would be tight on a longer cruise - small closets, small drawers/shelves, but for what is needed on a 3-nighter, it was fine. I'm a big guy, and the shower is tight, but usable.