Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by redsox1668: Great ship!!! Some areas need work!

redsox1668
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Oasis of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Great ship!!! Some areas need work!

Sail Date: July 2012

My husband and cruised on the Oasis from 7/28 to 8/4. The port was a breeze ton get through and we were on the boat and done with lunch by 12pm. The ship is amazing and we went exploring for the first couple of hours. THis is our 3rd cruise with RCCL. We have also been on the Navigator and the Freedom. The good is the ship and we loved our stateroom with a view of central park. We loved our service in the dining room and really liked having a table for 2. The dinner options have increased and were pretty good most nights. The shows were all excellent. We went to the Aqua show, Hairspray, Ice show, COme fly with me, and Comedy show. The casino was large and had a non smoking section. I loved, loved the solarium bistro for lunch. They had amazing buffet with healthy options. I loved that the ship hardly moved and I didn't use any drugs or sea bands to help me.

The bad....I hated the up selling and nickel and diming on this ship!!! It was never this bad on the More other two ships. They were always trying to push the drinks and cookbooks, fresh squeezed orange juice. It got pretty annoying. In trying to upsell bottles of water they even told my husband there would be no bottled water in St. THomas. Really???? That's amazing. The drinks were outrageously priced at 9$ for a margarita with very little alcohol. I also did not like the fact that I ad to pay .65 cents a minute to go on southwest.com and print out my boarding passes when the Allure has this complimentary for their guests.
The Windjammer was a total disappointment for service and food!!! They don't have an omelet or egg station where you can have them made to order like the other ships I have been on. The do not come around often to ask you if you want anything to drink unless its something that is going to cost more!!! I did have breakfast in the dining room on the last day and it was Amazing!! Should have gone there all week. On the other two ships I went on I was used to having towel decorations and chocolate mints every night with turndown service. On the Oasis we only got towel decorations two nights and chocolates two nights. I feel that for the amount we paid for cruise and the bill we had on our sea pass that we got much better service and value on other ships. They also rape you with picture prices!!!

We did have a great time but the Oasis and RCCL needs to up the ROYAL treatment on this ship!!!!!!! Less

Read more Oasis of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Oasis of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Oasis of the Seas Central Park view Stateroom with Balcony Deck 10

City Tour

(1)
Terrible!!!! We waited ! hour after we were supposed to leave for a driver. It was boring, and they kept asking or tips!

Island Tour

(5)
Super tour of both sides of the island, and some time to shop and have lunch on french side. The bus driver and tour guide Jose was awesome!!!!!!!

Beach Break

(5)
Very nice, wish it was longer time. Only 2 hours!