Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by spankyfinch: Top ten secrets of the Serande of the Seas
Overall Member Rating
Top ten secrets of the Serande of the Seas
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
1. There is an ice cream/frozen yogurt machine hidden behind those doors by the dessert station, if you don't see it on day one don't panic. It is also the best show on the ship, watching people fill every known vessel they can find. Get a table by the machine for lunch and enjoy the spectacular!
2. The ship is going into dry dock but it is as clean and well presented as any I've been on. All the staff were professional and worked hard to get it right
3. The steamroom and sauna are a peaceful heaven
4. Escargot only happens once...so order two
5. The shows/entertainments onboard needs help. As I mentioned go watch the ice cream/ yogurt machine hijinks or seat at a large table in the dining room and hope you get an entertaining group of Brits (shout out #506-late)
6. The subway goes from the port in Athens to the sites. This is a city/excursion you can so do on your own for cheap
7. The Starbucks on board has a buy 6 get one free card. More The coffee in the windjammer is subpar and if you are a coffee addict you will need a fix (like all the ships officers who are lined up at the bucks every morn)
8. If you departing from Barcelona...go a few days ahead and enjoy this great city. Stay at the hotel universal, off the the strip, but super clean and right at a subway stop
9. Go to the beach in Santorini
10. Enjoy the days at sea...after so many ports of call you will welcome the break and you can get eggs benny in the main dining room for breaky even if it's not on the menu
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions
Read more Serenade of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Serenade of the Seas Review >>
Cabin review: E17554 Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony
Overlooked the lifeboats so not a direct water viewRead All Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony (E1) Reviews >>
Great Vacation in Europe
Christmas at Sea
Viking Sea - a new style of sh...
The islands in January. WOW
Great ports, nice people, good...
Most Relaxing Cruise!
Disappointing Christmas cruise