Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by mspeiden

Carnival Freedom
Member Name: mspeiden
Cruise Date: July 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean
See More About: Carnival Freedom Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Carnival Freedom 7-27 to 8-5
We sailed the Freedom and enjoyed the cruise. I booked the early saver rate and was able to get a 25.00 on board credit. Every little bit helps.

We stayed at Fairfield Inn the nite before. Nice way to start the cruise.

We left the hotel at 11;45 and were on the ship by 2;00. Lines moved quickly and we were on our way to have fun.

The first two days were sea days. Relax, swim, gamble (or donate to Carnival),

eat drink, enjoy. The first nite we ate at the steakhouse. There is a 35.00 per person extra charge but it is sooo good. The food melts in your mouth. It is as good as if not better than Gibsons. Because we went the first nite they give you a bottle of wine. No one at our table drinks wine so we took it home with us.

First port Grand Turks. I love this port. The beach is amazing and the water so clear. You just walk right off the ship to the most beautiful beach. we found chairs under a palm tree and went swimming.I like this port because you dont have to spend $$$. We did decide to have a drink at Margaritaville. 2 Bahama Mamas served to us by a lady who looked like her baby was overdue.The

bill was 30.00 WOW but filled with booze very good but very strong. Note to self not a great idea to have Froot Loops at 8:30 and a Bahama Mama at 10;30.

We went back to the boat (wobbled) around 12. A little while later another boat was pulling up so they closed the gang plank for an hour. No one could go in or come out. Some people were not happy waiting all that time to get back to the boat. One lady fell in. I think she had a Bahama Mama.

Next port La Romano.I am not sure why they stop here. It was raining and alot of tours were canceled. We were foing to get off and get a cab but was toldit was not safe. A passenger went on a cigar making tour and all these kids jumped in the bus and started begging. The tour guide said dont give them money because then the parents will tell them not to go to scholl but go out and beg. Even tho we did not get off twe looked out and the port was nothing.

At least the sun came out and we could enjoy the ship.

Next port Aruba. Sign me up to live here. Loved it. We grabbed a cab from the pier and for 120.00 for 4 we had a two hour tour of the island. Carnival wanted 60.00 per person. We also went to the casino. I was dissapointed I thought thy would be majestic and colorful. I was also dissapointed because I did not win :). We then went shopping and back to the boat.

Curacao is soo different from Aruba. The houses are brightly painted. We had a

taxi tour here also. We stopped at a curaco liqur place dont like it too much.

We crossed the sideways bridge and looked in the shops.

Two more days at sea. Day 8 we walk out on deck and we hear all this noise we look up and we see a Coast Gurd helicopter hovering above at first I freaked out but we soon learned there was a medical emergency and the Coast guard was removing the patient. The helicopter hovered above the ship and they put the patient in a basket and pulled him up and into the helicopter.OMG if that was me I would have been scared to death. It was impressive to see and I hope the person is OK.

We have cruised before and give this one a B. The food was good, we were not impressed with my time dining. We always had to wait and we missed having the same waiter every nite. My one complaint was I needed to change out our luggage tags for early debarkation tags. I waited 30 minutes in line.and there was only 2 people working and they were also answering the phones when I left there was probably 75 people in line. I felt sorry for them. They really need more help at the desk on the day before leaving.

We had a great trip and will be saving for another cruise in the future.

Publication Date: 08/07/12