Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by surelyso

Cruise Date: July 2012
Embarkation: other
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: AQ
See More About: Celebrity Equinox Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Dining 5+

First time Celebrity
We booked our cruise over a year ago. I had the philosophy that an inside cabin was the best. How much time do you really spend in your cabin, anyway? We booked an inside cabin and our friends booked a veranda. Fortunately for us, priced dropped and we could upgrade to a guarantee veranda for a lower price than we originally paid for interior. Done. Then Celebrity posted a deal for Buy one get one half price for the Aqua Class. Fortunately, there was not a restriction to new bookings, so we changed our reservation to Aqua Class. Still paying less than our original interior rate, we rebooked to Aqua Class. Boy did that ever change my mind about cruising. We LOVED the extra space in the shower, and the spa shower head and spa products. We also received spa slippers, a mesh backpack-type bag and a beach bag. The room contained a sofa large enough for two to sit and have room to spare. The balcony was not as large as a Veranda room's, but it still had room for two chairs that reclined and a small table. I loved the nearby relaxation lounge with complementary orange water and cucumber water and hot tea station. The best part of Aqua Class was dining in Blu. We could go at our own time, and we were greeted daily by the maitre d and the assistant maitre d.

We like to dine early, so we were waiting as the doors opened each night. This had an added advantage, because we always got a window seat. This was especially nice because the ship sailed away from port most nights while we were eating.

I enjoyed Celebrity's glass blowing show and the entertainment. The Cirque-style show should not be missed. Excellent.

Cruise Director, Patty, was calm. No corny jokes, just pleasant, welcoming and informative. She also surprised us with a very nice singing voice. I preferred her to the loud, party style cruise directors we have had on many cruises.

Embarkation and Debarkation were the easiest I have ever experienced.

Ocean View Cafe had a nice variety. Alas, no soft-serve ice cream station. However, they had an ice cream station and they scooped many flavors each day and provided many toppings. I also found bread pudding available each day.

We enjoyed having tea and bottled water brought to our room every day. That was a nice advantage.

I am sure I would have enjoyed Celebrity just as much in an interior room. But now that I have experienced Aqua Class, it will be hard to go back.

Publication Date: 08/07/12
Read the Eastern Mediterranean ports review by surelyso
More Celebrity Equinox Cruise Reviews

More Eastern Mediterranean Reviews
Italian fiesta
No dream
MSC Divina Is Fine (with...

More Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews