Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by wispy204: Infinity not so great

Infinity not so great

Sail Date: July 2012
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

This was our first trip on a Celebrity line. This trip was also to Alaska the last week of July out of Seattle.

We had numerous problems on this ship. Although it was noted in other forums that this ship was "dry-docked" the ship was still dirty. Stained carpets, paint on the main dining room windows. Shore excursions desk was only open for a limited amount of time during the morning or evening. It was closed for most of the afternoon.

Our son got yelled at by an older lady for going in the adult pool during the 1 hour that the kids got to go in. She told him to "get out, it isn't a kids pool!" :-(

The computer lab staff didn't seem to know what they were doing when problems arose (being logged off when it said we weren't but we still got charged.)

Not being able to serve ourselves our food. Having things disappear one day after being there all week. (milk by the dessert portion of the buffet line) It was there all week then it got moved and no one More knew what I was talking about.....

Disembarkation floors moved by the hour. Once it was on floor 2, the floor 4, then floor 3. All in the same day during the AM.

There was the cruise director, Ian, who seemed to think that everyone was having a great time and all we heard was how horrible everything was for them.

The staff in the shops talked about other staff while passengers were walking around.

The one great thing about this cruise was seeing the breaching whale. That was amazing. All the ports were amazing.

I'm sure that the other ships are nicer and friendlier than this one. There was this tension on the ship. We've been trying to put a name to it, but can't.

While I know that it may seem that I'm here "bashing" this ship, I've been on others and have never had such a horrific cruise.

Kids and parents were letting themselves into the kid play zone. While this may not seem like a big deal to some, this is to me. The staff there didn't give anyone a second look. One girl was hurt badly and had to be taken to medical. They couldn't find her parents on the ship. Had they known to ask for a pager, I'm sure this would have been easier for them to be found. I had to ask for one.

Please let me know that all Celebrity ships are not like this. We had an absolutely miserable time. Many others that we wound up speaking to during our week at sea felt the same way. Less

Read more Celebrity Infinity cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Infinity Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Infinity Celebrity Suite Penthouse Deck (6)

We stayed in a Celebrity Suite. The room was nice. The couch needs to be replaces. Cushions are in really bad shape. The speakers that were removed need to have the outlets covered. The TVs need to be replaced. Great location.