Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by LICRUISEAHOLICS

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by LICRUISEAHOLICS
Celebrity Summit
Cabin Category: CC
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+

Summit Aqua class to Bermuda
Please note this review is primarily to address some postings about the new AQ class cabins on deck 9 . I thought others might enjoy so I added to this site as well! ......I'm happy to report all my concerns about the cabin were laid to rest as soon as I walked in the cabin. 9046 bathroom was just fine - not to say it could have used a little TLC for example inside the shower where the wall met the tile floor had been repaired due to some water damage. It looked a little lumpy but you could see an attempt to fix it was made. And there was a knob missing from the cabinet door. It was not as updated as I hoped, but very clean and everything worked. I was so pleased to see a glass (plexiglass) door was added. I hate those darn curtains. Great shower head! And the shower area had that little bar near the floor to put your foot on when shaving your legs! (if you're a woman you will appreciate that little note!)

As for the noise from above (solarium)... Yes each morning I would hear the rumbling of a towel cart being rolled around and in the evening while getting ready for dinner I'd hear the same. But it was only for a brief moment as the cart rolled past. Other than that the room was quiet. No noise from hallway or other cabins. Frankly it was no big deal to us. Some previous posts noted they disliked the large overhang above the balcony - we liked it! Gave us plenty of shade and the metal support beams didn't obstruct the view.

I'm not one to write a full review, but I would like to add a few more notes... The food and service in Blu was outstanding. Never waited more than a few minutes. Bistro on five was awesome! We went 3 times for lunch and the crepes and paninis were amazing. All you can eat for $5. Now that was a bargain (and the dessert crepes were great for a late night snack they stay open till 2am.

We spent almost every night at the martini bar for a Pre dinner cocktail (must try the martini flight 6 martinis for $15 and the little show the bartender does is cute). Then later at night we spent time on the aft deck bar on 10. Usually had music and hubby enjoyed a cigar.

IMO the entertainment was just okay but the comedian was the guy from America got talent and he was outstanding for both Regular and late night shows. Overall we loved the whole experience and the ship and crew were wonderful. For all who are cruising on the Summit in the coming months ... Enjoy!!

Publication Date: 08/07/12