Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by lovedarren: Cruise with Carnival splendor - 7/29/2012

lovedarren

Cruise with Carnival splendor - 7/29/2012

Sail Date: July 2012
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

I have booked this cruise based on the online review(4+ stars), but I think this is over rated. I think it should rated no more than 3 stars, just like other carnival cruises. I have at least >10 times in cruising with different cruise lines, and this cruise ship has one of the worst food.

1) Food is suck in main dining room. Most main dishes selection are mostly cooked with tomatoes(or saurce) which I did not like. In fact, this is the first cruise ship that I think the buffet food is better than the main dining room, not that I like buffet food..

2)Night performance is not as fascinating as the other cruise line, for example Princess cruise which I went last year for 10days to Alaska. I have at least 3 nights that highlighted comedy as the night show. One night even have one person
solo singing .. so cheap! The only night that I can see they put in a lot of effort + "money" to make the show is the last night, and only ONE show! You missed it, you MISSED it! More However, Princess and NCL have many nights that you can tell they put a lot of effort and "money" to make the shows.. If you like night show similar to boadway show, dont come here, you will be disappointed.

3)Not much activities to do in the cruise ship. They want to sell spa and massage treatments, that on the daily schedule everywhere.. but other than that, nothing interested to do..

4)I have booked a 2 person cabin with ocean view. They pulled 2 twin beds together and make it a king size bed. The beds are terrible. Even it is very noticeable that the middle of the 2 twin beds are kind of "soft" and "down" ...it is so soft that even when you sit on it, it makes quaky sounds and if you sleep overnight, it hurts your back so much that you woke up with a back pain in the morning and I have to sleep on it for 7 nights!

In my opinion, I think this is no more to rate as 3 stars. It is definitely