Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by 3bsmom

Cabin Category: 4F
        10-12 4.0
        13-15 2.0

Fun on the Conquest
7/29 -- 8/5 There were 6 of us, my husband and I, and 4 "kids" (19, 18, 15, 10)

Day 1 - Embarkation

We arrived at the terminal about 12:00 and parked in the terminal parking. We had to wait about 30 minutes before we could board the ship. After we were on board, we found our rooms on 7 Empress. We were mid-ship approximately above the Casino. We really liked this location. We had interior rooms.

Days 2, 3, 7 -- At Sea.

The pools were very crowded. We loved the Punchliner comedy. We attended family shows and "Adult" shows. We attended some of the shows in the main lounge (magician, juggler, singing/dancing). My hubby spent a lot of time in the casino ? My youngest son did join Camp carnival and we gave him sign in and out privileges. He went for scavenger hunts, video game contests and some dancing. It was nice that he had the option.

Day 4 -- Roatan

I arranged to have a driver/tour guide. His name is Marty and he is really cool. We went zip-lining at the SouthShore Zip line. It was great. For all of you that are a little on the "fluffy" size as I read someone termed it, this zipline is perfect. No problems. We then went to visit the monkeys and they were really fun to play with. We ended our day snorkeling at half-moon bay. Perfect day in Roatan. Tip: If you go with Marty he will take you up to the top of a hill near the Airport tower, there are some vendors selling things, these were the best prices for items all over the island.

Day 5 -- Belize

We went cavetubing. We booked our excursion through cave-tubing dot com. It was just as described in all the reviews. I have some advice here though. The hike to the river is not "hard" but is long when it is very hot and humid. However, the biggest issue I had was my feet. I knew that I was supposed to wear water shoes (I did this excursion in 2005)...BUT they have laid gravel on the trail to make it less muddy and their gravel is very large fist sized rocks. My water shoes have fairly thin soles. I wish I had worn shoes with very thick soles and all would have been fine. Several asked about Cashew wine and yes this company lets you try it. They have a chicken tamale lunch/snack that I really enjoyed. You do not have to wear helmets with this company. We were back to the port in plenty of time to shop and catch the tender.

Day 6 -- Cozumel

We did some shopping just outside the terminal and got some good deals on some "purses" and "sunglasses". We then had an excursion booked through Dolphin discovery at noon. This activity was a favorite of my children. We did the Royal Swim. We also got to play with the manatees.

Food and Dining:

We had no complaints. We ate in the dining room every evening. We were seated with another family of 4 which concerned my kids at first. It turned out to be great. My son made a great friend to hang out with on the ship, and we enjoyed Ally's dancing immensely. I had read that the escargot was gone but we had it on the 2nd elegant night. I read some complaints about the comfort food and especially the mac and cheese...we loved it.

Publication Date: 08/06/12