Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by neelio: NCL Pearl to Alaska
Member Since 2012
Compare Prices on Norwegian Pearl Alaska Cruises
NCL Pearl to Alaska
- The staterooms (we had one deck 11 mid-ship interior and one deck 11 mid-ship mini-suite) and stateroom steward were outstanding, clean, comfortable and well provisioned
- The specialty restaurants were very nice, both in quality of food and service and the premium charged was well worth it, given the poor quality of the included dining
- The main dining rooms and buffets were poor, both in terms of quality and service, it took too long to get drinks and a couple of times they brought the wrong drinks, there was not enough seating in the buffet and the main dining room was only open for breakfast until 9am, the quality of the fish and meat was substandard at best
- The teen program is non-existent, many events were canceled and the counselors were surprisingly unfriendly and unenthusiastic - I wouldn't take teens on an NCL cruise
- Overall the attitude of service staff in the main restaurants and bars was not up to par, they were More less than friendly and less than attentive
- There was an atmosphere of hard sell on everything, it felt as though they know that you are a captive audience so they use everything chance they get to peddle something or another, even after paying top dollar for a spa treatment, there was very hard sales pressure to purchase their beauty products Less
Read more Norwegian Pearl cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Pearl Review >>
Cabin review: Norwegian Pearl 11042
Deck 11 mid ship can be somewhat noisy due to the fact that we were under the pool deck and could often hear running and moving of deck chairs above us, especially early in the morning 11042 has a great view from the balcony, this is the best location for glacier viewing The cabin steward was very attentive and always present and pleasant
Port and Shore Excursions
A wonderful trip of a lifetime...
First Cruise (Princess to Alas...
Is this the way it is now?
Great staff, good food
8 Nights on the Pearl
Wonderful cruise with the Pear...