Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by kitty65: Too Many Half-Raised Kids!!!

kitty65
Member Since 2011

Family & Children 1.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Freedom Southern Caribbean Cruises

Too Many Half-Raised Kids!!!

Sail Date: July 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean

Taking a family vacation with mom, grandmom, aunt, daughter and 14-yr old son.
We arrived in Ft. Lauderdale on the 27th and stayed at the Fairfield Inn & Suites. Hotel room was small but it was fine for one night. Took hotel shuttle to Cruise Port on Saturday 28th. Embarkation was a breeze and we were on the ship and in our cabins by 1:45PM. We were in category 4J, interior with picture window. Loved the cabin. Very spacious for two people and a semi-private balcony. We went to the Lido deck for lunch. Looked like a cattle call. Why do people feel the need to stuff their faces like it was the last time they were going to eat. I saw so much food left on people's plates. It was positively gross!

Absolutely loved our cabin steward "Dewau" He was always there when we needed him, and kept our cabin spotless. Our head and assistant waiters were great especially 'Nyemon". The comedy shows were great as was karaoke, but some mother kept putting her 4/5 yr-old daughter up to sing More "tick-tock". It was clear the child didn't want to do it as her older sister kept coming onstage to help her out. "Stop trying to live through your kid!!!" Speaking of kids, there was a group of about ten 15-17 yr olds that came on our floor every night and proceeded to bang on our doors and windows. My daughter who shared a cabin with my mom had to go out one night. I went out another night and told them that if they banged on my window one more time I was going to kick their a**s and report them to security. Not even 10 mins later I received a call from Security asking if everything was alright. It seems that they received an anonymous call from somewhere on the ship that there was a problem in my room. I explained about the teens and he promised to send security to take a look on the balcony. The little sh**s had called security on me!!!

My children are no angels but I know that when I am not present they still exhibit the upbringing I provided to them. They respect others and would never disrespect an adult. How do I know this you might wonder, from the reports that I receive from different people telling me how mannerly and polite they are. Not to toot my own horn, but you shouldn't have to be with your children 24-7 for them to behave. These teens even disrespected Dewau when he asked them to stop running and making so much noise in the halls. As my 26-yr old daughter said time and again on this cruise, parents need to corral, muzzle and leash their half-raised children. I'm sure that a lot of people don't agree with me, but you know what, I didn't pay to be disrespected by other people's children. I'm not disrespected by my own, so I certainly wont take it from anyone else's.

The islands were great, especially Margaritaville on Grand Turks. While Carnival's food quality has slipped a few notches, I still prefer Carnival to RCI. The Steak House was great. The assistant cruise director George was a riot.

All in all, with the exception of those kids, my family and I had a very enjoyable vacation. Less

Read more Carnival Freedom cruise reviews >>