Azamara Quest Cruise Review by captainmcd: Black Sea Voyage

Black Sea Voyage

Sail Date: July 2012
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Istanbul

We booked this Azamara cruise last year while on board the Celebrity Summit. I have to agree with all that Mr.Mojorising said. Our fellow cruisers were a very interesting group, the ship definitely caters to upscale and mature (read near or post retirement) travellers. They were all very well travelled. The crew were very much in tune with keeping the customers happy.

The ports were, with the exception of Santorini, and to a lesser degree Paros, seldom visited by cruise ships. The shore excursions, when booked on line were half priced and a good value, but some people were happy to do it on their own. I really enjoyed the ports of Sevastapol and Yalta. I was afraid my wife would not enjoy the military history, but she loved it. Dining in all the venues was very good. Prime C was the most popular specialty restaurant, but I thought that Aquilina was great as well. But you don't need to pay extra, the food and service in the other restaurants was almost as good. More

This was our first, but not our last cruise with Azamara. My only regret was that we signed up for the meet and mingle Cruise Critic party, but never found out about it until the cruise was over. Unlike Celebrity, you need to ask about it at the service desk. We had planned a sail away party at the Windows cafe at 9:30, but nobody was there, I guess they had met earlier, but it was a beautiful evening sail out of Istanbul and up the Bosphorus. I can't wait until our next Azamara cruise next year. Less

Read more Azamara Quest cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Azamara Quest Review >>

Cabin review: Azamara Quest Club Veranda Stateroom Eight 7046

This cabin is on the port side midships. It was quiet, and although the bathroom is small, it was adequate in all respects, and it had tons of storage space for clothes and suitcases.