Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by limeyjohnny: Alaska 10 Jewel 0

Alaska 10 Jewel 0

Sail Date: July 2012
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

Left on round trip from Seattle to three ports in Alaska as well as Victoria. The ports were awesome, however I was extremely disappointed with NCL and the Jewel. My third time with NCL so was used and did like the anytime dining concept which made having supper with 8 guests a lot easier. Our cabin was very dusty and we had to ask to have our room turned down. If you don't change your sign by the door, don't expect anything to do done without asking. My wife's bed was lumpy and very uncomfortable. Sea days were very boring with little on the agenda for our age group. No Trivia till 4 on a sea day....doesn't leave much to do. I understand NCL's concept of dress up or not...and it appears it is mostly NOT, even though my wife and I like to dress for photos. We really felt out of place. I like the idea of having more guest dressing up.
The food was mediocre at best. Often cold and tasteless. Don't even attempt the fish and chips....enough to make you gag.
The whole attitude More of the staff was like...do what you want...we really don't care. It was our 35 th anniversary cruise and we were sure we told them when we booked. By the second last night, we decided to check and nothing was on our record. We had to ask again, and luckily we did get a nice cake on the last night.
I really think that we are done using NCL as a choice. We had such a good experience with Royal Carabean last time, and even Princess has better cruises. Less

Read more Norwegian Jewel cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Jewel Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Jewel Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony Deck Eight 8020

LIke any other cabin on other ships....but bathroom was a bit bigger. Beds need replacing.

Mount Roberts Tramway

(3)
Beautiful scenery but a lot of "self" guided tour. Mt Roberts Tram had great scenery but very boring.

Duck Tour

(5.5)
Cheap and excellent way to see the city ...I recommend.

White Pass Scenic Railway

(2)
Way too long....only provided us water. No snacks or other drinks for four hours. Great scenery...but one way would have been fine

Had high tea at the Fairmont Empress. Was excellent.
Read 554 Victoria Reviews