Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review by buddygal

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review by buddygal
Brilliance of the Seas
Brilliance of the Seas
Member Name: buddygal
Cruise Date: July 2012
Embarkation: Copenhagen
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Cabin Category: E1
See More About: Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Baltic & Northern Europe Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Brilliance of the Seas Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Brilliance of the Seas Deck Plans
Disappointed in Royal Caribbean
We went on a 12 day Baltic Capital and St. Petersburg cruise on Princess. This was our third Princess cruise. Disembarked in Copenhagen and took a taxi to the pier for a Royal Caribbean 7-day Norwegian Fjords cruise. Our first Royal Caribbean was a disappointment. Perhaps because we were so fresh off the Princess, things were vividly different.

The most important was cleanliness. 2 days into the cruise, a neuro-virus alert was issued. I'm not surprised. I personally witnessed a waiter clean a table by picking up the dishes and then using the dirty napkin to 'clean' the table. We had dirty tablewear, lipstick on a cup and a dirty water glass. All of these were brought to the attention of the person in charge. They did not have the Purell hand stanitizers well positioned so people were channeled into the rooms to obviously use them.

The open dining area near the buffet was cleaned by the staff but you were constantly juggling your dishes and then getting your beverages. I told an attendant the milk jug was empty and he told me to go to a station on the other side of the ship. My husband asked for green tea on the last day and they said they didn't have any more. Come on, why not just fill the tea bags for the next group coming on. It would have been nice to have more wait staff to at least serve you beverages.

The ports were good, but the port information on the TV was poor. The introducer sounded like he'd never even been to the ports. No extra information for the independent traveler was given.

Food was of an average restaurant quality. The dining room had very large tables for 6, 8, 10. I did not see a table for 4. The tables were very close together.

Entertainment was poor. This is not my reason for taking a cruise, but it's nice to have something to do at night. We stopped going to the shows. They were very poorly attended. It was almost embarrassing. The lounge areas were also empty. It should be obvious when no one is there or no one is dancing that something is wrong. There was a lot of Latin music but no one dancing or even listening. Many people were looking for different types of music.

Maybe as time passes, I'll forget I didn't like Royal Caribbean, but for now I'll pass...

Publication Date: 08/06/12
More Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Brilliance of the Seas review Read the next Brilliance of the Seas review

More Baltic & Northern Europe Cruise Reviews