Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by CruiseGal999: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Sail Date: July 2012
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

We found employees of NCL to lie deliberately ONLY to get your money out of your pocket and into theirs. The SPA is HORRIBLE ... PUSHY PUSHY women get you to schedule your spa treatments and once your appt. card is given to ... THAT'S when you find out it is ALREADY TOO LATE TO CANCEL .... and IF you canccel, they charge you 50% of ALL your treaatments ANYWAY.

The excursion desk/phone operator outright lied to me just to make sure I scheduled a trip to Victoria, BC Buchart Gardens. I SPECIFICALLY asked if the bus DROVE through the gardens and that it was NOT a walking tour ... "OH YES ..." NO it isn't! I wasn't dressed appropriately to walk miles through the gardens. AND overall ... SO NOT worth the $$$ for the garden, wine tasting, chocolates andd pairings.

The music/singers ARE HORRIBLE !!! Every hallway, lounge, bar, etc... hadd a paino player and singer or a guitar player andd singer or a livee 'band' in the clubs and they were HORRIBLE.

The food More in the dining rooms (Summer Palacce and Indigo) was VERY good. Servie in these locaations were great also. All other food venues were horrible. The buffets were awful .... on the scaale of Sizzler. NOT what I have come to expectt from a cruise!

Bartenders in the Martini Bar were rude and thieves. They poured half drinks in our glasses and then took the remainder of the drink from the shaker and drank it in front of us! OUR over priced $10 martinis andd they drank 1/2 of it! YES we complained ... they denied and that was the end of it. AND GRATUITY is AUTOMATICALLY charged on your receipt ... nothing you can do to get out of it. AWFUL, RUDE, UNHEARD OF actions. Less

Read more Norwegian Pearl cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Pearl Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Pearl

For the money ... the cabin was MUCH smaller than what I expected. Our cabin on Royal Carribean was MUCH larger for less $$$$ .... really poor cabin.

Seaplane

(3)
Was raining, heavy low lying fog and we got up in the air and about 10 - 15 minutes later we turned around and landed. Fog was too low to sea the Misty Fjords or any waterfalls or anything.

White Pass Scenic Railway

(5)
Gorgeous views. Great info and history. Great train ride. Somewhat adventerous with the elevated, narrow rails and wood trestles.

Zip-lining

(5.5)
Both were great. Ziplining was scary, adventerous and SO MUCH FUN. The guide are my heroes and got me through some bad nerves. Bob, Sarah and Nick ... you rock!

Butchart Gardens

(1)
NOT worth the $$$ Wine is watery, low on flavor and there was no time to see the gardens because when the wine & pairings ended ... the firewors were beginning.