“The Good, The Bad, The Ugly”
Cruise review of Norwegian Pearl

CruiseGal999 Norwegian Pearl 2 The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
CruiseGal999
Member Since 2012
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We found employees of NCL to lie deliberately ONLY to get your money out of your pocket and into theirs. The SPA is HORRIBLE ... PUSHY PUSHY women get you to schedule your spa treatments and once your appt. card is given to ... THAT'S when you find out it is ALREADY TOO LATE TO CANCEL .... and IF you canccel, they charge you 50% of ALL your treaatments ANYWAY. The excursion desk/phone operator outright lied to me just to make sure I scheduled a trip to Victoria, BC Buchart Gardens. I SPECIFICALLY asked if the bus DROVE through the gardens and that it was NOT a walking tour ... "OH YES ..." NO it isn't! I wasn't dressed appropriately to walk miles through the gardens. AND overall ... SO NOT worth the $$$ for the garden, wine tasting, chocolates andd pairings. The music/singers ARE HORRIBLE !!! Every hallway, lounge, bar, etc... hadd a paino player and singer or a guitar player andd singer or a livee 'band' in the clubs and they were HORRIBLE. The food in the dining rooms (Summer Palacce and Indigo) was VERY good. Servie in these locaations were great also. All other food venues were horrible. The buffets were awful .... on the scaale of Sizzler. NOT what I have come to expectt from a cruise! Bartenders in the Martini Bar were rude and thieves. They poured half drinks in our glasses and then took the remainder of the drink from the shaker and drank it in front of us! OUR over priced $10 martinis andd they drank 1/2 of it! YES we complained ... they denied and that was the end of it. AND GRATUITY is AUTOMATICALLY charged on your receipt ... nothing you can do to get out of it. AWFUL, RUDE, UNHEARD OF actions.
Norwegian Pearl Cruises to Alaska
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Inside

IF
For the money ... the cabin was MUCH smaller than what I expected. Our cabin on Royal Carribean was MUCH larger for less $$$$ .... really poor cabin.

Seaplane
Was raining, heavy low lying fog and we got up in the air and about 10 - 15 minutes later we turned around and landed. Fog was too low to sea the Misty Fjords or any waterfalls or anything.
White Pass Scenic Railway
Gorgeous views. Great info and history. Great train ride. Somewhat adventerous with the elevated, narrow rails and wood trestles.
Zip-lining
Both were great. Ziplining was scary, adventerous and SO MUCH FUN. The guide are my heroes and got me through some bad nerves. Bob, Sarah and Nick ... you rock!
Butchart Gardens
NOT worth the $$$ Wine is watery, low on flavor and there was no time to see the gardens because when the wine & pairings ended ... the firewors were beginning.
Published 08/05/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Pearl Review
Norwegian Pearl Cruises to Alaska
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?