Carnival Dream Cruise Review by walter1986

Cruise Date: July 2012
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 4D
See More About: Carnival Dream Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Dissappointed
Just returned home from our cruise on the Carnival Dream. I have to admit, I am a little disappointed.

Food:

First off, the food was not good. Food in the Gathering was bland and often cold. I didn't come expecting Gourmet dishes, but it could have been much better.

Dinners in the main dining room were also terrible. With the exception of the first formal night (Lobster, Prime Rib), I found myself eating the bread and Caesar salad for dinner. One of the members of our party got the cheesecake one night that tasted like dirt and felt like plastic.

On second thought, the pizza was very good and the sandwich bar in the back of the boat was good also.

Service:

I always hate to criticize the employees, especially the hard working ones, but the service was very bad on this trip. We only met our steward two or three times all week, our server in the main dining room was so overwhelmed, that we once watched our food wait on a table for 15 minutes. We finally complained that our food was served cold and that dishes we ordered often were not delivered, then things changed a little.

It seems as though employees in the Gathering don't speak. You would tell the young man making an omelette what you want, and he would instantly turn away. He would continue cooking, but you weren't sure if he understood your order or knew exactly what you wanted.

I would also try to be friendly and say hello to the stuff, but for the most part, I never received anything back.

I rarely write reviews, but I just felt that I should forewarn some of you if you are looking to book a cruise ship.

I feel that there were too many people to accommodate for on this ship. Either Carnival needs to add more employees or decrease the number of passengers. I never once got the feeling that I received the personalized service I paid for.

Publication Date: 08/06/12