Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by ready2go12: Pretty Good

Compare Prices on Carnival Triumph Western Caribbean Cruises

Pretty Good

Sail Date: July 2012
Embarkation: Galveston

This was my first time to cruise. I was with my 13 year old son and two couples. We decided to leave out of Galveston.

Check In process was smooth but here are some of my thoughts:

Have those that have just returned from a cruise cleared from the pier. It was a little confusing have people arriving to cruise and those returning from a cruise all at once - a little chaotic.

Carnival definitely has a way of making sure you do not smuggle any alcohol on the boat. They rip 12 pack soda cartons apart and examine all wine.

Getting sign & sail card was a breeze. Now on to the ship.

The Triumph was very nice. Enough room to all to have something to do. The activities were great.

I will say the pools (2) were always crowded. Crowded to the point there was no room to move in them.

Our cabin - was too small for us. We went with this cabin as it was suggested from the Carnival while booking. We were in 7202 and it was small. A More couple with us had the exact room type - 4J in 6202 and their room was MUCH larger than ours.

Food was okay. I'm not a fan of the buffet but my son loved it.

We did have to stops one in Progresso and one in Cozumel. We stayed on the ship during the stop in Progesso and it was more than enough to do without the crowds on the ship. We did and catamaran excursion in Cozumel and it was well worth it and we had a blast.

Disembarkation - whew.........very chaotic. This process took a while and there has to be a way for this to be smoother.

All in all a great cruise and will definitely do again Less

Read more Carnival Triumph cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Triumph Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Triumph Interior Empress 7202

Catamaran tour

(5.5)
So much fun

Did get off for about an hour to shop. Good deals here
Read 284 Progreso Reviews