Vision of the Seas Cruise Review by susyq 1967

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Vision of the Seas Cruise Review by susyq 1967
Vision of the Seas
Vision of the Seas
Member Name: susyq 1967
Cruise Date: June 2012
Embarkation: Stockholm
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
See More About: Vision of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Baltic & Northern Europe Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Ship Facts: Vision of the Seas Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Vision of the Seas Deck Plans
First time cruise review
We opted for this cruise as a trial to see if it would meet the very different holiday needs my hubby and I have. We are frequent travellers but since buying a holiday home in Spain 4 years ago, have not visited anywhere new since then. We chose this cruise as it was short and visited St Petersburg (which was in my bucket list). Hubby likes all inclusive but we don't like to be too long in one place. I worried that I would feel "trapped" on a ship.

We LOVED it!. Did lot's of research before we went and noted that lot's of people were saying vision was tired and shabby? Well if it was, we never noticed it!

Cabin. After trying our key and it not working, the steward let us in. When we went to the desk to change the keys, he had let us into the wrong cabin. The "right" cabin was smaller and the bed was squashed up against the wall. But it was adequate for such a short journey. Noisy aircon which was fixed as soon as I mentioned it.

Food. Loved the salads in the buffet. Plenty of choice of food. Mostly of a good quality. Sometimes very busy but rarely had to look too hard for a seat. Main restaurant was ok. Our head waiter was ok but the assistant much better. Food was nice, small portions of what is in the buffet, presented well. But you could have more if you wanted it :-)Sometimes the wait was a bit long but not overly so.

Entertainment. I'm cheesy and loved the shows. Ok they are amateur but enjoyable. I particularly LOVED the staff flag parade. So energetic and a bit emotional (dunno why but it was soooo funny seeing an Indian chef, dancing and waving his flag, in his full whites!). Also, met a few lovely people and we had a blast at karaoke. Nobody would ever see me again so I didn't care! We sang ABBA :-). Well we were in Stockholm.

Excursions. Didn't do any of the ship ones. Used SPB in St Pete's. A long day but very well organised. Used the roll call on here to meet fellow travellers who wanted the same tour. Took the price right down :-)

Walked into Tallin. Nothing special. We have medievel towns near where I live but it was a pretty place.

Stockholm is amazing. But very expensive. We spent 2 days before the cruise here and one day after.

Emabarkation/Disembarking. Got on like a dream. After a long walk to the check in which was not sign posted. Getting off was a nightmare. We had fantastic weather until the last day. We got off in torrential rain and howling wind. Got soaked getting driven to the luggage claim. But the weather isn't the fault of RCI.

Not sure what I can add really? Booze wasn't too expensive (well not after Stockholm). $15 for a pint of lager and a glass of wine. $28 bottle of wine. Not much time for boozing tho as too tired!

In all, a fantastic first cruise experience. Loved the boat and would go RCI again. Planning my next cruise now :-)

Publication Date: 08/05/12
More Vision of the Seas Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Vision of the Seas review Read the next Vision of the Seas review

More Baltic & Northern Europe Cruise Reviews