“I wish I never read the Cruise Critic reviews”
Cruise review of Sea Princess

improvman Sea Princess 4 I wish I never read the Cruise Critic reviews
improvman
Member Since 2007
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
I had a great time, but was apprehensive about it because of all the Cruise Critic negative reviews. The ship: Yes, it's getting old. The rooms are on the small side. I often felt the room was stuffy, and often, the lower decks on the ship felt stuffy as well. The elevators were very slow. The food: The MDR is very good. The souffles are not to be missed. The other desserts are hit or miss. The MDR for breakfast is basically the room service menu plus a couple of specials. Pretty limiting. I didn't eat there for lunch. The pizzas in the Corniche Cafe are delicious. The Horizon Court buffet was very disappointing. We mostly ate there for breakfast, and the scrambled eggs, pancakes, and french toast were bad. The Riviera Grill made waffles which were very good. Their coffee is swill, so I recommend ordering the freshly brewed coffee or purchasing a coffee card. The entertainment: The pianist in the atrium was good and pretty funny. The production shows were ok, but I really enjoyed British Invasion. One comedian, Billy Vader, was terrible. He was making an ass of himself, and people kept walking out. His routine incorporates the Princess Orchestra, so I get the feeling corporate keeps him out of convenience. Another comedian, Gary Larson, was hilarious! The ports: Ketchikan is basically one giant jewelry store. We took a bus tour and enjoyed it. In Juneau, we went whale watching with Captain Jack and the Scania and loved it! Afterwards, we were dropped off at Mendelhall Glacier. In Scagway, we took a Chilkoot Charters bus tour to the Yukon, and took the White Pass train back, which was enjoyable. I travelled with two kids. My four year old LOVED the Pelicans. The staff is terrific.
Sea Princess Cruises to Alaska
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

GGD608
Obstructed view of a tender. Quiet location near the casino.
Published 08/03/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Sea Princess Review
Sea Princess Cruises to Alaska
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?