Crown Princess Cruise Review by myfamilycruise4

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Crown Princess Cruise Review by myfamilycruise4
Crown Princess
Crown Princess
Member Name: myfamilycruise4
Cruise Date: July 2012
Embarkation: Venice
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: BA
Cabin Number: C534
See More About: Crown Princess Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

12 nite Europe and Mediterranean cruise
My family, consisting of a mom,dad and 2 teenagers 17 and 15. We left for Venice, which was wonderful, boarded the ship which was such an easy process. No one was there I am guessing that since the boat was in port for 2 days and could board on either gave people a lot of time to come as they please.

The rooms ( we opted for 2 cabins at the last minute and they were about 20 doors away C534 and C734), were ready, I believe we boarded about 5:00 the day before sailing. The Rooms were comfy and the balcony was huge on deck 10 only, about double the size, so if size matters for the balcony go for deck 10. We could see the other balconies both up and down and after a few nites on the ship began to realize how much bigger deck 10 was. all in all the ship was ok, no way to compare to Freedom of the seas or Disney Ships.

The ship was bland, the crew never was rude or anything but you never got the feeling they were happy just going through the motions and counting the days off till they see their family... kinda sad really. The people on the ship were an older crowd and it felt like a ghost ship after 8 or 9 o'clock, the boat was empty of adults.

The entertainment was really bad and after the 3rd night of hoping something good would come, we gave up and never went back.

The common areas were nice although there was a really funky smell always around the explores lounge. The games were locked up in the library and nobody was there at night when you wanted to play for some entertainment, why would you lock up the games?? We ended up buying a deck of cards because those were locked up too. I had an issue about a credit that should have appeared as an on board credit that never did. I went to customer service 3 times and they said the 1st 2 never even made notes about the situation at all, I said finally that I was going to call Visa and have them handle it and deny payment till I receive my credit which prompted a customer service agent to come to my room and go over the paperwork. Still she could do nothing and is now in Visa hands... still waiting.

Horrible customer service on the phone as well all very sure no problem and what i am sure are blank stares.

There was a fire on board, I think the 3rd day in, they told us someone left a curling iron on by the curtain and it went up in flames. All the safety procedures kicked in and all was good in about 2 hours. In the mean time you didnt know and we had to find our kids which was a little crazy. Do yourself an favor and make a meeting place with youre family before this happens so youre not all running around looking for each other.also I didnt have a problem with our cabins being so far apart but then i Realized our muster stations were different. I stayed with my daughter in 1 cabin and my husband stayed with my son, but still in a real emergency I would want to be together. Everything turned out ok and they cleared out the smoke and smell. The people were relocated from the cabin and all was well.

Publication Date: 08/02/12