Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by PINKTURQUOISE: BEAUTIFUL SHIP - BUT NOT FOR ME

PINKTURQUOISE
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Celebrity Silhouette Europe - Eastern Mediterranean Cruises

BEAUTIFUL SHIP - BUT NOT FOR ME

Sail Date: July 2012
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Venice

From the moment of embarkation I was disappointed in my Cruise line choice - Celebrity. We were taken from Venice Airport like cattle, there was no friendliness or helpfulness just fingers pointing in the direction in which one should go. We were put in a bus and then told to pick out our bags at the Port. Some older people were having difficulty hauling heavy bags off trailers. There was no one to direct or discuss the process, you just had to ask someone and hope for the best. The embarkation process was an embarrassment to Celebrity in my opinion - and several other traveller's opinions.
On boarding, the Ship took our breath away, it was just so opulent and well appointed. Sipra was playing downstairs and we thought they were fantastic. We were given the complimentary glass of champagne and then we had to find our way to our room which was not too difficult. Our room was lovely and the bathroom was a decent size. Our luggage didn't arrive till many hours later making us very More late for our first dinner.
The food was definitely not up to standard of other Cruises I have been in my opinion and I have never ever sent a meal back and I did on Celebrity Silhouette. The staff were friendly but not like I've experienced on other Cruises in fact some of them were quite short, which took me by surprise, especially in the Oceanview Cafe. At lunch time there was never a waiter around to take our drink order, I had to flag a couple down, so lots of times we didn't bother having a drink. Our Cabin Crew were very good and so were the waiters at our Table, Martins and Andrick. They were very accommodating.
The entertainment at was BRILLIANT, I could not fault the choice of Bands on the Ship especially Sipra and the nightly entertainment in the Theatre was five star quality. I thought the formal nights would have included something more than just dressing up, thought there may have been a Captain's Cocktail night with dancing perhaps.
The Shopping was a little on the expensive side and the same the whole Cruise, on other Cruise Ships I've been on, they introduce something different each night as a special.
This Ship is perfect for families or people travelling in groups as I felt it was a bit impersonal for just a couple. I also felt there were too many extra's you had to pay for, including shuttles to most ports, but in saying that the original price of the Cruise was quite reasonable.
The disembarkation process was brilliant, much better than other Ships I've travelled on.
I don't think I would travel with Celebrity Silhouette again as beautiful as she may be. I think the smaller or mid-size ships are my choice for personal reasons. Less

Read more Celebrity Silhouette cruise reviews >>