Carnival Legend Cruise Review by shanwoll

Member Name: shanwoll
Cruise Date: July 2012
Embarkation: Tampa
Cabin Category: 7A

Not what we Expected!!! to say the least
I would just like to start off by saying I did read the cruise reviews before we took our honeymoon cruise on the Legend.

However this was our first time cruising so we did not have much to compare from. I was highly impressed with the decor of the ship and the time and effort the stateroom steward Jose did with the daily housekeeping of our room. 2x a day that was great. He greeted us everyday and knew our names by day 1. On the lido deck our server were Jagger and another we called him g-dogg. they were very competitive and did a great job. the entertainment of the ship was okay and the casino, I swear was like no one ever won anything!!! As for the food we were highly disappointed . Never warm and every we time we ate the food made us feel sick or was in the bathroom with cramps. I know that's a little to much information. but they really have great presentation but the food was very displeasing to a lot of people on the ship. !!!!

If they can get better product or take more time in the food department it would been so much better. we had friends who went to the steak house and paid the 30 $ per person to eat there and said it was completely horrible and the chef came out and talked with them and I think there meal should have been comped considering they didnt even eat because the food was bad. the chef himself said he been saying that for a while now its the product not the cooks fault

The ports of places we went were all fun and rotan was our favorite place of all. the beach we went to was like straight out of a movie scene. actually the friends we went with are considering having a destination wedding and getting married on the beach in rotan!!! was beautiful there. Over all There were good points and bad. I don't think we will cruise again if we do it will not be with carnival Legend.

Oh and one more thing that I forgot to mention is IF you do book the cruise you have the option to use credit card or cash option on ship. they say that you don't have to pay for anything on till you leave the cruise on your final day on the ship. however they pre authorize your credit card everyday and if you dont have the full amount that you are being charged of what you spend each day at that time they cancel your card on till there is proof you have more money on it. we learned the hard way. a whole day on till we were able to straighten everything out with the bank and the guest services. If you are a big drinker buckets of beer is 20 bucks for 4 beers and reg beers are $5.75 a piece. mixed drinks are 8$ and up!!! cash is definitely the way to go. lots of it!!! as a back up!!! I hope some of this info helped. shanwoll:)

Publication Date: 08/01/12