River Empress Cruise Review by Charlotte T.: The most fantastic cruise ever.

Charlotte T.
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on River Empress Europe - River Cruise Cruises

The most fantastic cruise ever.

Sail Date: June 2012
Destination: Europe - River Cruise
Embarkation: Amsterdam

From the moment we arrived at the pier in Amsterdam where 2 crew members met us, brought our luggage in the ship to the moment we disembarked in Budapest where they continue to help us booking a taxi and transferring our luggage. As soon as we boarded the ship we were directed to the lounge where a nice and delicious buffet was available to us, plus a choice of beer or wine all inclusive. The stateroom was small but so beautiful and well organized that it was not a problem at all and we were able to completely unpacked and put our luggage under the bed. The bathroom all marble with Occitane products was another nicety.
At the different ports all the excursions were well organized with plenty of room in the buses and they even had a group for gentle walker. Our cruise manager seemed to be everywhere at the right time to check if we were all OK. It was always reassuring to see him show up in the middle of town. The food was out of this world, I have Celiac disease so before each More meal the dining-room manager came to see me and go over the buffet or the menu pointing which dish I could have. Twice they even made a special dessert for me. They had real good gluten free bread always fresh.The entertainments we had at night were tasteful and of good quality.I could go on forever on how happy my husband were with our choice of cruise line. We have been so spoiled,we don't know if we will ever be happy on the big, ocean ships. The ship was spotless clean everywhere. Less

Read more River Empress cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's River Empress Review >>

Cabin review: River Empress Deluxe Outside Double Main Deck 310

Stateroom # 310 good location, in the middle of the ship, slight problem from noise when cabin upstairs flushed their toilet at night. Otherwise, it was fine, quiet and good location.