Carnival Glory Cruise Review by mumic: July 26-31

July 26-31

Sail Date: July 2012
Destination: Canada & New England
Embarkation: Boston

Getting on-board the ship was easy. My husband and I enjoyed the Mongolian Grill. Dinner in the Golden Main dining room was just ok. I had salmon with a fishy smell to it. We also requested a table for 2, but were only about 6 inches from the next table, so we were really at a table for 4. You had to talk with the people sitting next to you or be rude. Not that they weren't nice, but we really wanted a nice quiet place to talk, not go into our life/cruising history. This was our anniversary.

I really felt that the food was lacking. I saw what was on the Steakhouse menu and those were items that used to be served on the regular dining room menu on other cruise lines we have taken cruises on.

One lunch we ate in the dining room because they were supposed to have a vegetarian Indian choice. When I asked about it, I was told that I was supposed to have let them know ahead of time. I had no idea what they were talking about. I was pretty disappointed that I could not enjoy More this option.

I did enjoy the deli and the burritos. The hotdogs from the grill were pretty good, too...but this is not why I went on a cruise. I can get this type of fare at home. Again...disappointing.

Breakfast on the Platinum dining room was painful just to find the place. Go up to the 5th floor, walk to the end of the ship and take the elevator down to 3. I finally got it straight after 3 days. It was crazy and confusing...and I wasn't alone. It was very common to see couples discussing how to get to the "correct" dining room, because you could only eat at one during breakfast and lunch.

The Red Sail buffet was our last resort and it was nothing to write home about. The coffee was like rocket fuel and it was very loud unless you went on off hours. They ran out of ice at some stations and you had to travel to the other section and by the time you returned to your table, your food was cold.

Our cabin steward, Hernando, was really good. He was able to find something to make my back feel better while sleeping. Had a problem the first night, but he fixed it. He had a helper, a young woman, and you could always tell when she had cleaned the room. She was not as meticulous as Hernando.

There was also a junior hostess, Elizabeth Romero, from Peru who as wonderful. She tried her best to seat us at breakfast/dinner by the window, which made the view really enjoyable.

We enjoyed the ports of call and the weather was terrific for us. Sunny in Saint John's and misty in Halifax...just used the umbrella.

Some of the children needed better supervision by their parents, and there was considerable drinking going on, but I guess that's to be expected.

The shows were ok. They weren't my cup of tea, but others seemed to enjoy them.

Disembarkation was no problem either. We liked leaving from Boston...close to home.

All in all, just ok. I don't think I would recommend Carnival to friends. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Glory Interior Riviera 1243

I was surprised that the makeup mirror was not located with the special lighting in the cabin by the small stool. I could have used the magnifying side of the mirror to sit an apply makeup while my husband used the bathroom. Hallway was noisy on the last night when crew picked up bags. Two women were chatting away in spite of the late hour. Room was clean and spacious enough. We didn't spend too much time in the room.

We got onto a horse-drawn carriage and toured the city for an hour. Then walked the waters edge walkway to the Maritime Museum. Used our AAA cards for discounts on admission to the museum. Walked around the Farmers Market, too. Had a nice time.
Read 343 Halifax Reviews

Saint John was quaint. There were plenty of vendors hawking their trips. No problem getting a van to take you to the sites.