Carnival Glory Cruise Review by SirDigby

Embarkation: Boston
Destination: Canada & New England
Cabin Category: 8F

The Carnival Glory: yep.
My husband and I were part of a larger group celebrating the wedding of two friends. First, the memories made and fun had by time with our group was amazing and truly once in a lifetime. And, the ports of call (Saint John and Halifax) were both great (Halifax was fantastic).

However. The ship itself? Notsomuch.

The Good:

-Comfy bed

-Balcony allowed for relaxing time outside (away from the crowds)

-Some of the food was delicious (molten chocolate cake! Indian vegetarian meal!)

-Halifax: Do the Alexander Keith Brewery tour. Hilarious and delicious! (and I am not a huge fan of beer)

-Saint John: the 2 hour historical walking tour made the city come alive

-Some tasty tasty drinks

-The adults-only saltwater pool was a good temperature

-Creams coffee shop made a mean iced latte

And of course, as noted above, we made amazing memories and got to spend time with dear friends to celebrate a wonderful wedding!

The Not Good:

-Room had issues: shower drain broken, light for balcony broken, phone broken---had to call maintenance our second day to get these fixed

-Toilet had issues flushing

-Hard to sleep because room is right near the elevator and the constant ding of the elevators arriving kept this light sleeper wide awake (until we got ear plugs)

-Food was uneven in quality: some delicious items, some weak and tasteless

-Staff pushed alcohol AT ALL TIMES. The constant interruption of staff asking you if you wanted a drink was annoying

-They book this ship completely full. And so, there are crowds. Everywhere. I've cruised twice before and I don't remember feeling like the crowds were as overwhelming as with this cruise. If you are not a fan of spending your vacation with children (who are hopped up on the soft-serve icecream), do not book this cruise. There were screaming children everywhere.

-The shows were weak. The Tribute to America was bleh (seemingly talented performers in a cliched showcase)

Overall, a reasonably priced vacation that allows for a lot of different options--which is great when you're in a large group like we were. Would I spend a wacky week with our group on vacation again? In a heart beat. Would my husband and I cruise on this ship again. Not likely.

Publication Date: 07/31/12