Veendam 5

Cruise review of Holland America Veendam

Jerseygirl6666
Member Since 2012

Overall Member Rating

I was nervous based on everyone elses reviews. If you are looking for a relaxing vacation, then this is the cruise for you. If you are looking for a party, or are single, pick a different cruise line.

We had no problems with plumbing, air conditioning, etc... We had an inside cabin with 3 people and we were not tripping over each other. It was plenty big, had 3 closets, large drawers, big bathroom and the beds were comfy.

We cruised Celebrity last year and I much preferred this ship and being in Hamilton with the extra day. It was so much better than the dockyard.

If you are on this cruise, pick a seating for dinner. You will benefit from better service and have a designated waiter that will get to know you. The open seating does NOT work. There was a large group that had 400 seats in the dining room for 8 PM and that virtually held every table hostage past 6 pm, because they wouldn't seat anyone for fear the table wouldn't clear by 8. It was annoying and we More just decided to accept the fact that we would be waiting over an hour to be seated... they do give buzzers though (one person commented if they wanted a buzzer, they would be eating at Chiles-it made us laugh). Once seated, settle in for a leisurly dinner! The food is really good, the menu is funkier than I'm used to but there is always something you can enjoy. I tried many new things. Desserts were not what I expected, but they were good too and honestly, by the time they came, we were all full anyway.

I like that you can roll on with 9 bottles of wine. Bring your own glasses and you can carry those into the dining room and no one will stop you. If you bring the bottle, it will cost you 18 dollars, still cheaper depending on your wine selection.

Overall... if you are going to Bermuda, this is the best itinerary out there, the ship is FINE, the shows were actually decent, the musicians throughout the ship are good too... The comedian they had (from Boston) was the funniest improv show ever! Don't expect a "night life" on the ship, if you want that, go to the bars across the street. Less

Veendam Cruises to Bermuda

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: July 2012
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Large Interior Stateroom

MM758
758 and 750. Great location, mid ship, large!!!!

Published 07/31/12

Read Cruise Critic's Veendam Review

Veendam Cruises to Bermuda

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?