Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by Retired Samurai

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by Retired Samurai
Carnival Fantasy
Cabin Number: R132
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+

Look at the experience, Not the AGE!
This cruise was a gift from our son and his wife. We spent months reading reviews written by "experts." I spent almost 22 years in the Navy and have been on old ships almost held together by paint. The little spots of rust here and there were very insignificant.

The embarkation process was at best a process. You stand in line and hurry up and wait. Be patient!!! They do the best they can do with what they are required to do.

If you're looking for a spa experience wait till the day before or day of putting in to port. They will have deals that will save you lots of money.

The crew was quick to respond to repair calls. Those complaining about one or two missing screws...really! The experience was nothing short of AWESOME! The service, the food, the shows, the music, all made this an experience my wife and I will never forget. Don't get me wrong...I can be very critical about the attention to detail as my family can attest to, but the experience made the little things fade away.

We didn't take our kids with us as this was our little get away, but there seemed to be something for all ages. Even teens and tweens had a place to go to. We spent our time on the Serenity Deck (area for those 21 and over only).

We opted for the early dining assignment. I don't like eating late. Your other options are either wait to be seated, which might not have a wait, or eat buffet. Having an assigned time and table just seemed more convenient. Sitting at a table with others gave us the opportunity to meet people. We enjoyed the whole experience. The service in the dining room was nothing short of super. I gained 9 pounds in the one week...no kidding.

Debarkation was simple. You either carry your bags off yourself and leave early in the morning or let them move your bags for you and wait for your assigned time. Again...be patient! You will hurry up and wait, but it is the best they can do with what they are required to do. Both embarkation and debarkation at least move along.

We are already planning our next cruise with Carnival Fantasy...next time with our kids and our grandkids.

Publication Date: 07/31/12