Carnival Glory Cruise Review by Cruisingfamily2850

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Glory Cruise Review by Cruisingfamily2850
Carnival Glory
Cabin Category: 8F
        3-6 1.0
        7-9 1.0

Never again on Carnival
Where to start... Carnival couldn't seem to get anything right.

Dinner in the platinum dining room was so bad we did not go back after the 2nd night but quickly found the other dining options were also lacking. Night one our waiter valentine introduced himself. We had high hopes that were quickly dashed. 4 other people served water and bread and food. They did not introduce themselves. We never saw valentine again. No one refilled our waters or offered more dinner rolls. It took more than twenty minutes after getting dessert menus for someone to take our order! The almost gave us someone else's drink order, then could not remember what table the order came from... Not sure about the rest of you, but I expect a bit more than "gourmet burger" and chicken tenders on the main dining room menu. Crab cakes were terrible, I fact everything that came out of that kitchen was tasteless and dry. I have never in my life had such poor service on a cruise line. The buffet was no better. I went hungry half the time as everything I tasted tasted spoiled and foul. Buffet was small as well. There was not even mashed potatoes! Breakfast was horrific. Even the hard boiled eggs were runny!

Now onto the staff. It truly seemed everyone hated their jobs. My son accidentally knocked off an icecream catch tray under the spou and spillled it on himself. There were 3 staff members in a 3 foot radius and not one of them offered to even get me a napkin! Never mind that the tray fell on his toe! One was within 10 inches of him wiping the other tray down and he didn't even glance our way! Rccl employees would have been falling all over each other to come and help. I just couldn't believe it!

Next onto camp carnival. My husband and I stood around the corner and listened to the way they spoke to the kids. They had no patience at all. They were rude and condescending. I saw several encounters with other parents that were jaw dropping!

We could not even take our kids to a show because none of them were family friendly. All rated pg-13 or worse. One magic show played marilyn Manson songs and staff were dressed in BDSM outfits! Should have been R rated.

Our cabin attendant was non existent. When we went to our room. For the first time my kids found pills on the floor! Good thing they didn't put them in their mouth!

The ship was poorly signed as well and very difficult to navigate. This was our first and last experience on carnival. We will be sticking to RCCL from now on.

The two good things are we were compensated for noise issues and the ship is very steady.

Publication Date: 07/31/12